Thursday, October 05, 2006

I need to get out more




I didn't realize until today how much I look forward to the weekly grocery store ads. Every Wednesday, the Tucson classified rag The Buyer's Edge comes with the weekly ads for Safeway, Albertson's, Fry's, a terrible place called, unimaginatively, Food City, and sometimes Walgreen's or CVS. The ads boast each store's best deals for the week.

My store of choice is Fry's. When we first moved to Tucson, I was a little wary of the place since the only Fry's we have in Oregon is an electronics store. But when I finally got around to going inside, I realized it was just like my favorite grocery store ever, Macey's. Anyone who has ever spent time in Utah knows about the pure grocery goodness that is Macey's.

Anyway, Miriam and I got the mail as usual today, crossing the street to visit with the cows as has become our custom. Miriam can even make a really cute mooing noise. Upon returning to the house, I went through the grocery store ads. I only look at Albertson's, Safeway, and Fry's. And only a really spectacular deal will get me to patronize either of the first two. (Albertson's is way too pricey and they're one of those pretentious, dimly lit grocery stores that are all the rage these days. Safeway is an abomination here in Tucson. Once I went there to pick up a few things and they were out of bananas. How does that even happen??)

It was then that I realized that there was no Fry's ad. I don't know if it got left out accidentally, or if there just isn't one this week. But now I have no idea what's on sale and what's not at our neighborhood Fry's.

They say you don't know how much you love something until it's gone and boy, did I discover that today. I can only hope the Fry's weekly ad will come in tomorrow's mail. Until then, I'll be thinking of ways to fill the void, and also of ways to make my life less lame.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I suggest a Net addiction =)

Bridget said...

Too late!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails