Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm sorry

It seems I owe Tucson an apology.

We took Miriam to the park the other day on the way to bringing back some library books. After all was said and done, we were missing a library DVD. The only thing that could have happened was that it fell out of the car at some point while we were loading or unloading Miriam at the park.

I spent a few days mourning the loss of the DVD (and the money we'd have to pay to replace it), and then finally went in to the library to make restitution. Briefly, I had entertained the idea that some honest soul might have found the DVD and returned it to the library, but honestly, I was convinced that the average Tucson resident would probably sell the DVD on craigslist or ebay.

So imagine my surprise when I got to the library and told my tale, only to have the librarian tell me that the DVD had been returned! Happy, happy day - the less money spent on replacing "Baby Santa's Musical Box," the better.

I'm sorry, Tucson. It was only my past experiences with you - the theft of Jeremy's bike and the bikes, some of them more than one, of almost all of our acquaintances - that led me to believe that the lost DVD would not find its way back to the library. Thanks for proving me wrong on this one.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

What a nice thing to have happen.

Nancy said...

Ah, a little trust in human nature has been restored to the world!

I'm so glad things ended up happy for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails