Thursday, February 01, 2007

The bad treatment continues

Here's what Blockbuster had to say to me after that nastygram I sent them:

Hello Bridget,

Thanks for contacting BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Care.

As I understand it, you have received the wrong DVD, Bridget. I apologize most sincerely for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please do not worry as I have already checked your account and verified that an issue has been reported on the title “Charly”. Right now, reshipment of the correct disc has been initiated, even if you do not see it in your Queue. This means that you do not need to add this title back to your Queue. As soon as a slot is freed in your “Shipped Movies” list, and the title becomes available within your shipping zone of 2-3 days, it will be sent to you right away.

As an added action plan to have this corrected, I have reported this incident to the proper department in our distribution centers so they may be able to correct the issue right away.

I realize this is a valid cause for concern as we are committed to ship your movies as quickly as possible in order to meet your shipping expectations. However, please know that I am here to help you out, Bridget. This is why I am giving you this additional e-coupon for a free movie rental at your local BLOCKBUSTER store. Please click on the link below to claim and print your coupon.

Once again, I apologize most sincerely for any inconvenience you may have experienced, Bridget. If you require any assistance at all, feel free to contact me.


We appreciate your loyalty,

Roger
Customer Care Associate
BLOCKBUSTER Online

My favorite part is where he uses my first name all the time. Wasn't that in The 7 Habits or something?

Today, they defied all logical reasoning and sent me the EXACT SAME WRONG DVD. The weirdest thing is that they keep waiting for me to return the stupid wrong DVD before they send out a new one. The only explanation is that they own only one copy of "Charly," and it's not even a real copy at all. So lucky me keeps getting the same wrong DVD over and over again.

I really do wish I took the time to write these better, but I have better things to do than spend hours composing coherent nastygrams for careless companies (although you wouldn't know it from reading this blog). You have to admit, they were asking for it:

For the third time, with the same movie, I have received the wrong DVD. I already reported the issue and have requested to have the same movie sent to me. But this time, unlike the previous three times, I hope you understand the following:

1. The movie title and sleeve are correct.

2. The actual DVD itself is the only thing that is incorrect. You can check the outer sleeve all you want, and it will appear to be the right DVD you are sending me, but the DVD inside is not the one I want. Please understand that this will probably require an actual human being to be involved to actually check the DVD inside the sleeve, rather than having the system send me the same wrong DVD yet again (which is what I suspect is happening, since you always wait for me to send back the wrong DVD before re-sending the "correct" one).

3. I am unable to simply rent this movie at my local Blockbuster store - I have already checked and it is not available.

4. The only - ONLY - reason I ever signed up for Blockbuster.com was so that I could see this movie. My two-week free trial is almost up, and I have yet to see the movie because you have sent me the incorrect disc three times.

I will definitely be canceling my blockbuster.com account before my free trial ends. Words cannot express my level of dissatisfaction with your service.

If it is at all possible, I would like the real DVD of "Charly" sent immediately, without waiting for a spot to open up in My Queue. At this point, I think it's the least you could do.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

The sad part is that I still have hope that this will all turn out OK, and I will get to see this ridiculous movie.

2 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

So... whatever ended up happening??

Bridget said...

They extended my free trial for another two weeks. Nice, huh. Too bad Charly STILL hasn't come. Stupid movie!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails