Saturday, January 27, 2007

Morning of Sting

The city of Tucson must have Sting on the brain this morning. And I do, too, I guess.

After breakfast this morning, Miriam and I were listening to the best of The Police, one of my favorite CDs ever. My parents gave it to me on my 16th birthday. Thanks, guys! Specifically, we were listening to "Don't Stand So Close to Me" (the better version) and "King of Pain."

Then, we were at Fry's. They always have good music playing over their speaker system, especially considering they're just a grocery store. They seem to play good music that you never hear anymore, eclectic stuff like Joshua Kaddison's "Jessie," or John Parr's "St. Elmo's Fire." Songs that you've forgotten you like. While we were in line to check out, The Police's "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" came on. I like the song on its own merits, more or less, but to this day I still associate it with that SNL sketch from like 15 years ago.

Finally, when we got in the car and turned on the radio, the song that was playing was Desert Rose (featuring Algeria's own Cheb Mami, who also has a good song called "Baida.").

Who am I to resist? I guess it's a The Police/Sting kind of day today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails