Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The pit of despair

The funny thing is, I was all geared up to write a blog post about some previous run-ins with food poisoning, most of them starring Jeremy. The capstone experience was going to be the time we both got food poisoning in Damascus. At the time, I thought that was as bad as it could get - both of us so sick we were unable to care for the other.

But now I know that it can get much, much worse. For example, your 16-month-old daughter could get sick with the same bug that hit your husband just days before. And then, you yourself could catch the virus, too. Hospital stays (plural) ensue.

So it wasn't the guacamole after all, but I maintain that the food was still nasty. If I have the stomach for it, I'll tell you about poor Miriam's experience as a human pincushion for the hospital staff at Tucson Medical Center, and also how quickly a toddler can adjust to being tethered to an IV. It really is quite amazing.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, no! That's horrible! I'm glad that mine wasn't too severe...I did go to the hospital but just to see the OB/GYN. We have a heart beat!

Anyway, my mother-in-law said that apparently this stomach virus thing was on the news it was that bad.

My neice was in the hospital for a while with it, too...

I hope you're all feeling better!

Matthew said...

Yipes. That does sound bad. I hope you have all been able to recover.

maher saloum said...

sorry to hear all of that, anything is easier than seing your baby not feeling well..
Hope you all get better
..and still.. don't eat the guacamole..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails