It's been a long time since I've played that most interesting of getting-to-know-you games, "Two Truths and a Lie." When the next time comes, I'll be prepared. Here are ten truths and no lies.
1. I modeled for Nike while in high school. For one photo shoot. They paid me $200 and I got to keep some of the clothes. (This is one of the prints from the shoot. I think this particular one was on display at G.I. Joe's.)
2. I have climbed Mt. St. Helens two-and-a-half times. (That's my brother Blair with me in the photo.)
3. I hated "Runaway Bride," "My Best Friend's Wedding," "The Italian Job," and most of "Notting Hill."
4. My favorite chore when I lived at home was mowing the lawn.
5. The first words Jeremy ever said to me were "I think I saw you in a movie once." (The picture is a random one we took while we were dating, just before I went to Japan.)
6. I haven't eaten ground beef in almost 10 years.
7. I gained 54 pounds while pregnant with Miriam. And don't for a second believe that I would tell anyone that if I hadn't lost every pound. (Mom, you're not allowed to comment on this one.) (Here's me at my sister Teresa's wedding. I think I'm about 5 months along in this picture.)
8. I have met President Bush, Laura Bush, Colin Powell, and Condoleezza Rice.
9. My initials are BMW. Well, now they're BMWP, because...
10. My full, official name is Bridget Maureen Walker Palmer. I didn't add the Palmer until we had been married for four years. And I still travel under my maiden name because I don't want to fork out $100 for a new passport. This has raised some eyes in the Middle East and even kept Jeremy and me from being able to share a hotel room at a place in Lattakia.
I think I've got some good ones. How about you?