Saturday, September 15, 2007

Curses! Foiled again.

That Mendoza...

When I last talked to her on Tuesday, I was in a pretty good mood. I only had to wait on hold for about 25 minutes, and she said they finally had everything they needed to get this refund going. She said she'd call me in a couple of days to let me know how it was going, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. How did I know? Well, she's said that almost every time I've talked to her and it's never happened.

So I asked her again if she had a direct number. And she lied again and said that she didn't. But she did give me a great tip: she said that if I called at around 4pm, the wait time wasn't as bad. I made a note of it and passed on the information to my mom, whose turn it would be to call.

Well, it turns out Ms. Mendoza is more devious than I previously thought. My mom called today at the suggested time and get this - Mendoza goes home at 3 o'clock!

Blast! Always one step ahead.

1 comment:

Suzanne Bubnash said...

What a rascal that Mendoza! I also requested a direct phone # for her, and was told there was none . . . sheesh, even the CIA isn't this secretive. Think I'll inform her on Monday that she's the subject of several blog postings, future ones of which might not be so pretty if we don't see $800 real soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails