Thursday, October 18, 2007

My heart is filled with glee

It's possible that I'm the last person in the world to discover Veggie Tales. But just in case you aren't familiar with them, as I wasn't until last week when a chance taken on a randomly checked-out children's DVD turned out to be especially fortuitous, here's a taste.



Veggie Tales is the only thing Miriam will watch these days. She is strangely not a big fan of television or movies. The only things so far in her life that have even remotely held her attention are The Little Mermaid and old-school Sesame Street segments on YouTube (leading to Jeremy saying, during a phone conversation with his brother Dave, in all seriousness: "She's all about YouTube these days").

So the first time we put in Moe and the Big Exit and she watched the entire 40 minutes, I was astounded. And the best part is that the episodes are clever and un-irritating even for me to watch. I've been singing the songs from that episode and others from YouTube all week long. And not at all in a "I hate these songs and why are they still in my head!?!?" way.

I don't think it's possible to watch the above clip and not be enchanted on some level.

6 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

I have oft wondered about Veggie Tales. I think I like them.

I once kicked my ball into my neighbor's (gated) yard on a Sunday afternoon, and he felt like he should take a nap instead of returning it to punish us. So I leaned on his (really loud and obnoxious) doorbell for five straight minutes before he came out swearing at me (and my Dad, who was helping me). This video hits close to home. Stupid people with gates.

sarah said...

oh sad! i have a video tape of them at janice's house you could have watched while visiting! they are so cute! and the silly songs are the best

Nancy said...

I love VeggieTales. We've been into them for years. Our first was, "Dave and the Giant Pickle." We got that when my little sister was 3 or 4...

Yeah. And some of my friends were into them in high school. A lot of my friends, actually. T-shirts. Books. Movies. Songs. Stuffed Vegetable dolls. Yeah...

Jen said...

oh, and....today is the first day I've read your blog since Monday...I hope you don't think I'm stealing your blog-terial!!!!!! I totally posted the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything before I read this! I'm sorry!

Bridget said...

Don't worry, Jen! The more Veggie Tales out there, the better.

By saying that I felt like that post was directed towards me, I meant the TUCSON part of it. :)

Kristen said...

The poor cucumber (?) never gets his ball back?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails