Thursday, January 31, 2008

An unlikely combination


We had dinner at a friend's house the other night. The husband is American and the wife is Finnish, and our evening reminded us how much we like Finnish people. They're just so sensible!

(Have you ever made sweeping generalizations about an entire country's people? Try it - it's fun! And also often true. For example, Turks are upright (definition 3) and Greeks are weird.)

They shared some self-imported Finnish chocolate with Miriam and me, but not with Jeremy. That's because this chocolate had bits of black licorice in it. Jeremy hates black licorice (ah, one treat I can enjoy without him stealing any). And man, oh man, it was SO good. Imagine the inside of little Good & Plenty candies sprinkled throughout a chocolate bar that would be really good even by itself, and that's what this was.

I know it doesn't sound like a likely combination, but I'm glad that someone (thank you, Finns!) finally figured out that putting black licorice in anything just makes it better.

This post gets an I Love Tucson label because these friends live in Tucson and also, it's been a while.

6 comments:

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Black licorice is the best! Have you ever tried the Australian licorice that Target carries? It's soft, chewy, and has that true spicy licorice flavor. It's way superior to American licorice which is often so plastic-y and flavorless.

The Ensign's said...

Eevi does give the Finns a good name. She's the only Finnish person I know so I have her to make my judgements off of!!!
So here's a big shout out to Eevi!!!!

sarah said...

eww i dont like black licorice either. i think janice is the only palmer that does actually

Scotty P said...

That's disgusting.

Hareega said...

How about Tucson? can you make any generlization about Tucsonans (other than incredibly bad drivers)?

Bridget said...

Hareega, I have a sweeping analogy I can make about Tucson, but it has to wait until I have time to develop it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails