Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Get Rich, Stay Rich

Jeremy got some mail from Provo, Utah today. It was obviously junk mail, but I went ahead and opened it for him. This was the front of the piece of paper that was inside:


As soon as I saw that, I knew this was going to be something juicy. Sure enough, here's the rest of what was inside:


(I know it's fuzzy, but surely you get the idea).

I mean no disrespect to the people who plan these conferences, or speak at them, or even pay to attend them. All I'm saying is that the person or group who obtained our address and sent this to Jeremy does not know him and is not familiar with his life philosophy. At. ALL.

The fact that he is currently pursuing a doctorate in what is essentially a branch of the humanities (even if it is our belovedly marketable Arabic) should be a huge hint that he has plans neither to get rich, nor to stay rich. At least not in these people's definition.

Or, alternatively, they do know him, and also hate him, and want to cause him great aggravation upon receiving an invitation to such a conference.

I wonder...

4 comments:

Jeremy Palmer said...

I must add that if I were ever to become rich, I would certainly hope to stay rich...

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Wouldn't we all.

Shannan said...

I think it's funny that the piece of mail came from Provo, Utah.

Bridget said...

Shannan - me, too.

That's why I mentioned it :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails