Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My new favorite water bottle


The title of this post implies that I had a previous favorite water bottle, which I don't think is really true. My previous favorite mode of intaking water was a Camelbak backpack, but it occupies a different category and therefore can remain my favorite.

I saw this water bottle first at Costco. I don't mean that it was for sale there, or I would have come home with it that same day. I mean that I saw a Costco employee drinking from one at her checkout stand. It's a Camelbak Better Bottle.

A few days later, we were at our favorite store where we never buy anything: Summit Hut. We go to this store as often as we dare, because it is awesome. I use the word "dare," though, because if we spend too long there, we can convince each other that we really, really need to spend a lot of money on really cool gear. One this particular trip, I noticed that they had the magical water bottle of my dreams for sale. In keeping with our family pact, however, I did not buy it.

This morning, Miriam and I went running and we just happened to end up heading towards Summit Hut. And we went inside. And I bought The Water Bottle. And it lives up to all my expectations. It has a neat little hook on it so you don't have to waste a whole hand carrying it. It comes in a few different sizes so you're not saddled with a huge, heavy water bottle - nor do you run out of water at the most inopportune moment. And best of all, it's like a sippy cup for adults: it has a camelbak spout and a straw so you can take discreet drinks during church. That also means that at long last, Miriam and I can share a water bottle at the park. I was getting tired of taking off the lid of her sippy cups to drink from the inside while fending off weird looks from other moms.

All this talk has made me thirsty. I think I'll go take a drink.

8 comments:

The Ensign's said...

Your hilarious. All this talk has made me a little thirsty too.
Also your crazy..... maybe it's just my kid, but Shay has some serious backwash in her cups!!! This would never work for the both of us.

Crys said...

My sister loves this water bottle...loves it so much that if I ask for a sip from it she says, "NO WAY!" How much was it?

Jen said...

So, explain to me why the cambelback 'normal' thing (I don't use one, so I don't know what to call it) grosses me out so much. For some reason, all I can think about is how difficult it would be to clean the bladder....

Anonymous said...

hi, bridget... i'm trying to get yours or your husband's email address. i'm planning to go to damascus for arabic. i'm around low intermediate in arabic and would like to find a good tutor for a month or 2 in damascus. here's my email: theyre underscore listening at hotmail dot com

Crys said...

Oh I think Jen just hit the nail on the head...who wants to drink out of something called a bladder :)

Bridget said...

Mind over matter, Janae. Mind over matter.

Crystal, the 500mL is $10, the 750mL is $12, and the full liter is $14.

Yeah, "bladder" might have something to do with your aversion, Jen. It actually cleans very well, though. And every once in a while, we put it in the freezer to scare out any bacteria (per the Camelbak instructions). Also, we only ever put water in there (sorry, no Fresca).

Jeanerbee said...

I LOVE IT! I am constantly trying waterbottles... I have a rubbermaid one with a straw that I can share with Eli, but this looks even cooler! Must. try. it.

Kristen said...

I must have this water bottle. And I LOVE my camelback backpack, but haven't used it in a long time since it was kind of a skiing thing for me. But I suppose there's no reason we couldn't have a day-to-day relationship. I found a neat contraption from Gerber for just a couple bucks that turns a bottled water into non-spill, which was great for sharing a water bottle with Madelyn. But I am definitely going to check out The Water Bottle of your dreams.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails