Friday, March 21, 2008

The results show

We had our 20ish-week sonogram this morning and managed to find out the gender of Sasha 2.0. For some reason, possibly because we are nerds, we can't just tell our family members if it's a boy or a girl. They have to figure it out themselves. With Sasha 1.0 (later christened Miriam Damascus), I just sent them all a cryptic six-digit number (FF99FF) via email and let them Google it out.

Two years later, Jeremy's brother took it up a notch and would tell us via email only that he and his wife were expecting a κορίτσι.

So this afternoon, I sent out an email to our family members. Since I'm an equal opportunity annoyer, I'll post it here and let you figure it out. The first one to solve it and comment gets to be the one to share the news, I guess!

This man married the fourth-oldest daughter of the second-oldest daughter of the successor to the last King of the United Kingdom of the House of Hanover. So far, the gender order of his children matches ours.

Please note, however, that we are not necessarily going to have the same total number of kids as this guy, and we are certainly not going to use the same names (though they are lovely).

14 comments:

Nancy Heiss said...

Gee, I don't really know if I want to spoil this for everybody. Somehow I just can't bring myself to...

It also happens to be the gender of the second child in both mine and Andrew's family.

Go figure.

Nancy Heiss said...

Just to clarify...the gender of the second child in the families we grew up in. We're not having another one quite yet.

Kristen said...

Well I've got the guts to say it.

Close your eyes if you still plan to Google...

Congratulations on another GIRL!

That is exactly the pattern I hope our family will follow, and since I know it's what you wanted, then I am elated for you.

Good choice on steering clear of those namesakes, however. SO do I win a fabulous prize?

Love ya!

Bridget said...

Kristen, you're right (and Nancy, I'm sure you were, too)! I am SO excited, and, I can confess now, more relieved even than I thought I'd be. I was all ready for it to be a boy since I dreamed all last night that it was a boy. Then again, it was a freaky LOST-inspired dream and Sun was the ultrasound technician. So maybe that was a clue that it couldn't be trusted.

Kristen said...

Bridget, that is so funny. It is exactly the way I felt before we had Madelyn's gender-peeping ultrasound (something most other home-birth proponents frown upon, but poop on them because I prefer to be prepared). Gary and I both wanted a girl really bad. But I kept trying to think of the baby as a boy so I wouldn't be disappointed if it were. I also was obsessed with reading through the entire girl AND boy sections of the name books so that I wouldn't be playing favorites. I remember trying to get through R to Z of the boy section in the waiting room. And when we got a glimpse of the little white coffee bean, it was so nice to immerse myself then in the reality of a baby girl. I just couldn't be happier for you.

Liz Johnson said...

Thank you Kristen.

CONGRATULATIONS BRIDGET!!!!!! I am WAY excited for you guys. :)

Shannan said...

Congrats!!

Mikael said...

Bridget, that is so cool! CONGRATS! I love getting the gender I want (I was elated with the twin boys, thats exactly what I wanted. And I also really wanted a girl 1st, which I got)
But in your case, you would have been beheaded if you were royalty, You can't seem to birth a male heir! haha

Danny and Julee said...

YEAAAAAAAAH! I can only imagine another cute "little Bridget". I am happy for you!

Eevi said...

Yay for another girl!!

Camille said...

What exciting news! I'm curious now what her name will be... After Miriam, the bar has been set.

Shannon said...

Congratulations! I suggest that in keeping with your firstborn's name, you should include in the name of #2 "Jordan" or "Tucson"--you can do a funky new-age spelling like "Tussahn" or "Toozsan" or something like that--or maybe "Ari" or "Zona" or "Rocka Montana" or "Phoena" or "Jo-River" or "Ammanna" or "Mideastana". I won't make an exhaustive list, but I hope you'll please take my suggestions into consideration.

Bridget said...

Ooh, Phoena is a good one :). Some friends of ours had their first baby in England and they named her Britannia. They were lucky to live in a country with such a pretty nickname! Jeremy and I haven't been as lucky so far.

We're not even going to worry about narrowing down the name possibilities until she's born. So don't hold your breath. :)

Anonymous said...

Alf mabruk!

Hannah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails