Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gross, grosser, grossest

Today we went to playgroup at the park. There are always lots of pigeons frolicking about on the playground, but today, to my great delight, they were nowhere to be seen. I actually did end up seeing one, but it was on the ground, and it was just a stripped pigeon carcass with a few red stringy pieces of gut still clinging to the bones, so I don't think it counts.

On any other day, that would have been the most unsettling thing I've ever seen at the park. And I include in that assessment both 1) the time one kid stepped, with bare feet, right smack in a fresh pile of dog poo as the dog's negligent owner looked on; and 2) the three-week period when there was a homeless guy sleeping on a bench near the play area.

But today was special, and there was something even grosser just waiting to be encountered this morning. When we arrived at the park, I opened the car door, got out, and stepped right on to a used condom lying on the street.

Let's hope I never trump that one.

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

What is it about used condoms at parks?! I've seen 3 or 4 during the past 6 months at a park we go to a few times a week. GROSS!

Fromagette said...

Oh, gag. I'm so sorry for you!

Susanne said...

Ugh!

Lindsay said...

You were right! That last one was the grossest!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty bad. I never fail to be deeply disturbed when I find used condoms in public places...I really wish people would keep that aspect of their lives more private.

Hannah

Liz Johnson said...

EW. Which means somebody was using that condom at your favorite park. Double ew. EW EW EW EW EW. I'm sorry. :(

justin and jess said...

Justin and I were at a beach on staten island with my whole family and we were walking along the shore and a used condom washed up right in front of us. Awkward!

The Ensign's said...

nice.... let's say I'm glad I didn't go today. I wouldn't have wanted to experience that for myself.

Sarah Louise said...

1. I TOTALLY remember you. Are you kidding? You have the best eyebrows of any roommate I've ever had.

2. I'm going to echo Anna. You should totally watch The West Wing. Seasons 1-4 are the best, though late 6 and 7 are okay, too. It's my favorite show ever. Ever. Of all time. My family and I pretty much watch episodes every week. Even though it's not on TV anymore. Anyway, you should watch it. Best writing. So smart. Great acting. And CJ Cregg is a rockstar character. Do it.

3. I have no response to your post. It's so appallingly gross, I'm not sure what to say. I'm glad you were wearing shoes?

Nancy said...

I thought the same thing Sarah did--you had shoes on, right! :) But yes, gross, so, so gross!

Laura said...

Your condom story reminds me of Russia. Mainly because used condoms were everywhere on the ground. What amazed me was that they were even on the snow in the middle of a park. All I can say that there are some determined people when it is well below zero and there is no shelter around.

JackJen said...

1. You DO have the best eyebrows ever! That is SOOOO true!

2. You should put some of our adoption cards up at the park for those people. Just in case their plan a (which you so visibly encountered) didn't work.

Shannan said...

I would have died too. Unlike many of your commenters, I haven't seen a condom and hope I don't anytime soon!

BEN said...

At least you weren't barefoot....were you?!

Kristen said...

HAHAHAHAHA. Precious moments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails