Monday, December 15, 2008

Water and celebrities

1. I'm tending a friend's little girl while she (the mom) has her baby today. Also today, we don't have water (again). They're doing construction down the road and we received a notice saying that our water would be cut off from 9am until 6pm. Last night, we filled up many bowls, buckets, and pitchers of water to get us through the day. I'll have to remember to explain to my friend what happened so that she's not puzzled when her daughter tells her we washed our hands using running water from a pitcher. And refilled the toilet tank with a bucket. Because that would be awkward.

2. I've been meaning to do this forever, but my friend Kristen reminded me. I'm sure most of you have done this before (including myself), but it's always fun to do again. Which celebrity do you most resemble, at least according to this legitimate geneaology resource turned party-trick My Heritage website?

Here's mine. I was honest and used the absolute most recent photo showing my face well enough. I narrowed it to fit on my blog, but you get the idea.



Ooh, Katherine Heigl. Not a big fan, but she and I do have something in common besides 97% of our faces: she's a Mormon, too. Or was, at least.

Renee Zellweger has some precedent. People always tell me I look like her, but only when I'm pregnant. Sorry, Renee.

If you haven't done this before, take a look and tell us who you look like.

11 comments:

Aimee said...

I can't believe they have your water shut off the whole day! I would go nuts, especially with three little ones around.

I can very much see where the 97% comes into play with Kathrine Heigl, in my opinion you two could be related. Looks like a fun party trick.

Liz Johnson said...

I always get Hillary Duff and Katie Holmes. Ick.

I think I might need to do this again. :)

Lindsay said...

Fun - I'm going to try it.

Britney said...

This was great fun. I was thrilled to learn that I'm a Glenn Close look-alike. :)

Kristen said...

Your post was much cooler than mine. I didn't know that about Katherine Heigl. Your eyebrows in particular are precisely the same as all those celebrities. Wait till you see my version. Yikes.

Steve said...

I tried it, and I didn't look remotely like any of their choices. I guess they knew that since the highest score I got was 68% (Eric Bana if you're interested). I guess I'm just not the celebrity type.

Bridget said...

Steve, I can see the Eric Bana resemblance, somehow.

I need to post what Jeremy got. Apparently, he looks like a good portion of the world's dictators, past and present.

Steven said...

Mine was Ashton Kutcher, William Moseley, Tom Welling, Matthew Fox, and Matt Damon.

Steven said...

The picture I entered was one with me AND Teresa, so it did it for both.. One of her look-a-likes was Evangeline Lilly. Which is funny, because one of my look-a-likes was Matthew Fox. LOST!

Laura said...

I am not going to lie, I am a little disappointed who I look like. Michelle Rodriguez (Anna from Lost) and Sally Fields.

JackJen said...

I've done this before, and it SEEMS TO ME that it has a TON to do with the position of your face in the picture. Try one where you're looking in a different direction or have your head cocked sharply...you'll get a lot of DIFFERENT matches.

Also. Yes, this means I did it more than once. SO yes. I have no life. It's New England and it's December. What else am I going to do?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails