Friday, February 20, 2009

Two things re: Library

1. I was gathering library books to return this morning and noticed that Miriam used her stickers to glam up one of Jeremy's books:



I guess Bear Grylls looking all exhausted and survival-y on the cover just wasn't feminine enough for her. I hope the next library patron who checks out the book appreciates the girly touch, because I forgot to remove the stickers before I returned it.

2. When I walked into the library this morning, I had to run the gauntlet of loiterers who are somehow always hanging around outside the building. I know the library is a public place and all, but it seems like I shouldn't have to wade my way through crazy people (or, in the afternoons, cussing teenagers) obstructing the stairway just to get inside.

Today, one of them apparently took notice of my two female children because he started singing the "don't call me daughter" refrain from that Pearl Jam song. He just repeated that line over and over again until we were inside and out of earshot.

Bonus: I found a clip of my favorite Bear Grylls moment. Jeremy and I quote him on this all the time if we happen to eat something that tastes disgusting. Skip to 1:04 to hear his impression of what a scorpion tastes like. I love the timing of how he says it (the relevant part is between 1:04 - 1:15).

10 comments:

Sharalea said...

hilarious. all of it. the stickers on the book, the person singing about your daughters (to your daughters?), and the video clip. Thanks for sharing the laugh!

Eevi said...

The man vs. wild guy is crazy!! It's one of those shows that Troy watches when we have access to cable.

Amanda said...

We saw this episode the other day and I thought of you. Also, Jennifer stopped me on my way out and expressed her concern for Miriam and said she hoped everything was OK.

Liz Johnson said...

I think that sticker placement is quite artistic, actually. Way to go Miriam. :)

That cheese thing is fantastic. I might start using that one myself.

Kristen said...

That is one crunchy scorpion.

EmmySue said...

My parents have cable so we've been able to enjoy this show. I think it is like a train wreck... you think it is horrible, but you can't help but watch.

christi and clifton said...

Can I say that I thought that scorpion thing was disgusting? I thought he would cook it or something. I like the stickers. Casey put a heart sticker on Clifton's credit card that he hasn't taken off. What else do these men need stickered? :)

Craig said...

I laughed at the survival clip. But I have to say the most memorable segment for me was when he drank from the elephant dung. Now that is an image I have a hard time exorcising from my brain. Here is the clip, but be forewarned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vlEavUH9ng

Britney said...

Love the sticker photo.

We are slightly sticker-crazy at my house. In fact, I will sometimes go out in public and return home to discover that I'd been donning a cute sticker on the back of my sweater for all to admire.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've returned a few "decorated" library books like you just did, too.

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Warning: do not access the link Craig posted for the elephant dung beverage (unless you want the image to stay w/ you for all time). It is the most disgusting thing ever. And he went about it so casually that I didn't have time to cover my eyes. I mean, who would have thought that when he picked up that pile that he was going to quickly hold it over his head & squeeze every drop out of it into his open mouth. Unbelievable! (now you don't need to watch the video)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails