Thursday, July 16, 2009

HP6 Review

As promised, we saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yesterday.

It was awesome. I loved it. I loved it at least as much as I loved HP5, if not a little more.

It was also very funny. I laughed more during that movie than I have during some comedies.

That said, the finale was intense, masterfully handled, and very touching.

My favorite moments: Lavender breathing on the glass, everything involving Professor Slughorn, and the portrayal of the relationship between Dumbledore and Harry Potter.

There was one thing about the movie I didn't agree with, and that was its rating. I really think it should have been PG-13. A soft PG-13, but still. There was one moment in particular that should have given it an immediate, automatic PG-13 rating. I guess movie ratings are just more watered-down these days, beginning with Prince Caspian, which definitely should have been PG-13.

If you've seen HP6, what did you think?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you liked it. We won't get to see it until Saturday night.

sarah said...

i LOVED the part when Harry has taken the Felix Felicis juice. it was so funny, I wanted to keep laughing even when everyone else in the theater stopped. And the looks that Professor Slughorn gave were quite funny. and it was fun to see the Hermione and Ron drama. The only thing I thought was out of place was when Dumbledore basically asked Harry if he was dating Hermione. Didn't seem to fit. I think the acting has improved a bit too. Oh and Professor McGonagall is looking rather old. Other than that I loved it!

Nancy said...

It's officially in Cairo now, so we're thinking about going. But then we realized that we hadn't even seen HP5 yet...but then at church a family revealed that they happen to have all 5 HP movies out on DVD...so we'll see. It's possible we'll see HP6 before we go home, babysitters and DVD lenders pending...

justin and jess said...

I LOVED it too. I thought it was so funny. They even gave Dumbledore some funny little jokes to tale. I agree about the rating as well. I think that even if a movie technically does nothing to merit a PG-13 rating, a movies subject matter should also be considered. There were some dark moments that scared me and I will admit I even shrieked out loud at one particular point(even though I totally saw it coming). And I will also add that Ron was looking pretty buff, no wonder Hermione was so smitten. I really loved all of the looks everyone gave to everyone else! The movie was full of evil eyes, longing looks, and come hither ones as well.

Lindsay Gunnell said...

The acting was pretty great in this one, wasn't it? We loved it. And funny, the first words out of my mouth after coming out of the theater were, "That probably should have been rated PG-13." If for nothing else but for the parents of 10-12 year olds debating whether or not it will be appropriate. It was scary in plenty of parts! But truly awesome to see the story played out on film.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails