Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HP6

You had better believe I'm going to see Harry Potter 6 today. These movies seem to define milestones in my life. How could I miss one?

First, there was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Jeremy and I saw this one on our honeymoon in Seaside, Oregon.

I'm sure we saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets legitimately sometime, but mostly I remember it because we bought a pirated Arabic copy (is there another kind?) of it in Damascus for five bucks.

We saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in American Fork. We rode our bikes to the theater. We're nerds like that.

We took tiny baby Miriam with us to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I think one or the other of us was standing up with her in the aisle the whole time, trying to rock her to sleep.

Ah yes, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I saw this one in Amman, Jordan. Twice. On the same day. On opening day. Good times.

Next up: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. We're going to see it in the same theater we saw HP3 in.

But we're not riding our bikes this time.

Are you going to see it?

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Nope. Not until we get home, probably.

But my little brother phoned me this morning before 9 AM to ask me some questions. I was awake but I was like, "What are you doing up?"

In line with his friends for a midnight showing, that's what... :)

Laura said...

I will definitely see the movie, but probably not until it comes out on DVD. Matt and I are not brave enough to take Lily to the movies yet.

AmandaStretch said...

Saw it at midnight last night. SO worth it! Can't wait to discuss it with people (my friends and I were all too tired at the time).

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Wasn't it the Order of the Phoenix that we purchased on the street in Damascus for $1--on the day it came out? I remember we watched about 90 seconds of it & gave up, the quality was so bad.

Amanda said...

I'm always amazed at your memory. I can't remember about HP1&2, but I saw HP 3 at the midnight showing at the Arlington in Santa Barbara.

I just asked Tyler about HP 4, and he reminded me of what happened: when Tyler and I were first first dating, I was sort of dating him and another boy we'll call GI Joe. I had told Tyler that I would go with him to see HP, but in a move that I will regret for the rest of my life, I went with GI Joe. Tyler was so mad, he wouldn't talk to me for weeks.

And, HP 5 we went to see at the Freemont in SLO after we were married. We walked to the theater.

Bridget said...

Just to be clear, we are no bringing our kids with us. Not when we have wonderful relatives nearby to take care of them. I think you'd be insane to take Lily, Laura.

Mom, you're right. What a terrible disappointment that was.

Brittany Cornett said...

Sadly I have to wait until tommorrow Justin has a 24 hr shift today. I was thinking of going without him my mom wanted to take me to the midnight showing but I thought that just wasnt fair.
Like you I remember where i saw many of the movies
HP2 I saw at the drive-in with a bunch of friends from the institute and some people I didnt know very well but do now that they have gotten married and moved into our ward.
HP3 I saw at the Foothills theatre on opening day when a new radio station 92.9 was giving away free tickets.

Jen and Reed said...

I wish I was going to see it. I need to catch up on my Harry Potter though. I have not seen 4 and 5 yet. Therefore, all would be ruined if I saw #6. Maybe later. Good thing netflix is around!

repo said...

gonna see it tomorrow got dentist for 3 hrs wtks @ 3 am

repo said...

looking for pirate version

Amanda said...

of course i am going to see it! and what is with people bringing babies to the movies? i can't believe you were one of them once. get a sitter!

Stephanie said...

I am really looking forward to seeing it this weekend. Most likely, we will go to the drive-in so we can take our little guy with us.

Bridget said...

Dude, she was like 7 weeks old and she didn't bother anyone (due in large part to our aisle-standing efforts). If Miriam had ever taken a bottle in her life, and if both my mother and mother-in-law (ahem ahem) lived in town, maybe I would have left her with them.

That was the only time we've ever taken a kid with us to the movies. We are not one of "those people."

Amanda said...

she's brings out the "Dude!" must have hit a nerve :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails