Thursday, September 17, 2009

Piano helpers


...and Jeremy wonders why I don't play the piano more often.

Sitting down on that bench - even when I've been careful to previously engage the girls in another self-sustaining activity - seems to somehow broadcast a signal throughout the house, loud and clear, saying, "BOTHER ME." Of course I give the girls time to play the piano and explore it for themselves. But sometimes, I just want to play a song, by myself, without a helping hand adding an extra harmony, or switching the keyboard instrument, or starting a bossa nova rhythm in the middle of Brahms. Is that too much to ask?!?!

Yes. Yes it is.

6 comments:

Susanne said...

Of course it's more fun to play the piano when Mommy is over there, too! :-)

Crys said...

The same thing would happen here...and Jason wonders why I only played five times in a year. Good grief :)

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Your girls will have sweet memories of playing piano w/ Mom . . . when they take their bows at Carnegie Hall they will attribute their success to their saintly, patient mother.

Fromagette said...

Same reason why I haven't touched our piano in almost a year. Bleh.

Kristen said...

Preachin' to the choir here too!

Kristen said...

Oh, and the only time I could play without being bothered would be naptime or after bedtime. As if I need to explain why that isn't possible. Yours probably has a headphone jack, though, so you have that option!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails