Wednesday, September 30, 2009

While I was showering


Let me tell you what Magdalena did this morning while I was in the shower. This, despite the fact that I put the trash can (her usual mischief target, yes, GROSS) on top of the sink before getting in the shower. I should have known my preventative measures are useless against her.

My sweet little Magdalena:

-ran off with the conditioner bottle and deposited it in an area of the house viewable from outside through windows. So not only did I have to leave the warm, steamy shower and venture into the freezing living room to retrieve it, I had to do so at the peril of being seen naked.

-stuffed her special blankie (the one she cuddles next to her face) behind the toilet. I don't care how often you clean back there. That's just disgusting.

-took off those little half-dome caps that sit on the toilet bolts and played with them.

-found the box of soft wipes (the only thing I will say about those is that once you've used a bidet, you can't go back to regular TP by itself ever again) and spread them, individually as well as in large, wadded chunks, all over the house.

-and finally, shredded TP into very fine, jagged strips and then put them in the bathtub.

I was aware she was doing most of this but the question I kept asking myself was, was the shower worth it vs. the time I would spend cleaning it up?

In the end, the answer was yes.

PS - I put on a Baby Einstein video (via YouTube) for her just now so I could write this and it didn't interest her at all. So I sifted through what we had saved on the computer and found West Bank Story. She is watching it right now and is riveted. RIVETED, I tell you.

11 comments:

Lilianne said...

Ahh, yes...the half-dome caps. Why do kids love those disgusting, germ-ridden half-dome caps? Lois would suck on them all day long if she had the chance. I don't get it.

Lois usually tries to get IN the shower with me.
Looks like she's a mover and shaker! :-) I wish we could get these two together, they'd make a pretty good team against us moms!

Glad you survived. I always think a hot shower is always worth it! Even if you have to endure the disastrous clean-up!

Suzanne Bubnash said...

You could never be mad at a face like that.

Wouldn't it be a great idea if toy stores sold those toilet cap things--they could make them look like the real thing but then you wouldn't have to rush the kid in for a hepatitis shot when they suck on them. Oh wait, kids will always choose the real thing over the imitation, no matter what it is.

Mikael said...

oh dear. it all sounds so girly what she did, even if it is gross. you don't even want to know what my boys can do in a matter of minutes. when the house is eerily silent that is when I know something is up. then I find that my whole entire house is torn to smithurines, tables are turned over, chairs are in different rooms, they are standing on desks covered in toilet water and have done things I couldnt even imagine. I can't wait until I can decorate my home with accessories instead of old opened poopie diapers, toilet paper, smashed food and toys!

Nancy said...

I haven't showered alone in...years? I find it's just easier for me to have a toddler at my feet than worry about what's going on outside the shower.

Katie said...

hmmmm, west bank story:)

Kitty Crazy! said...

She's just like her Dad was at that age--into absolutely everything! He wouldn't sit still even for Sesame Street very often!--Janice

Alli E. said...

I hear ya!!

Amber said...

Wow, and to think that all I have to worry about when I'm in the shower right now is whether or not Cy will wake up before I'm through...of course, it's only a matter of time before I too will have to choose between mass home destruction and the simple pleasure of a shower!

Liz Johnson said...

Um that blankie thing and the half-dome thing just make me throw up in my mouth a little. GROSS!!!!!

I'm so sorry. Isn't it astonishing how much havoc can be wreaked in the amount of time it takes to shower?! SERIOUSLY.

The Ensign's said...

and you say you're not sure that you want a third?
Ahhh the joys of a toddler.

Kat Clark said...

Ok if this is any indication of what my second one will be like then I am screwed! I can't believe she managed to do all of that during one shower?! Please tell me it's because you took the extra time to shave your legs or deep condition or something. Yeesh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails