Thursday, October 29, 2009

Facebook makes me laugh sometimes

I think Facebook has had three major overhauls since I signed up a little over a year ago. They just can't leave things the way they are. There's always a better way, and it always upsets a lot of people.

Not me, though. In fact, it makes me laugh. This newest version of Facebook sometimes seems like a touchy-feely relationship counselor, making suggestions like, "So-and-so: Reconnect with him."



Or, "So-and-so: Help her find more friends."



Seriously! I feel like Facebook is trying to be my life coach.

It was bad enough in previous versions when Facebook used to have some person entirely unknown to me permanently perched on the top right-hand corner of my screen because it was convinced the person was "Someone I May Know."

Now if you'll excuse me, I feel compelled to go round up some more friends for So-and-so.

8 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

That is so true. Most of the people it brings up are missionaries and they are marked "inactive" and I am supposed to reactivate them or something. It is awesome.

Lindsay said...

Yes, FB recently told me to reconnect with my sister. Apparently we have not talked to eachother in many years, I guess. :)

Liz Johnson said...

I get a little offended when Facebook tells me to go write on somebody's wall or reconnect. It's like, I'm sorry, we're facebook friends, and I'd really like to just keep it at that level. The best part of this whole thing was that interaction was not required!

JackJen said...

today, my 'suggestions' said, "So-and-So only has 18 friends. Suggest friends for So-and-So."

My other favorite:

"So-and-So also attended Brigham Young University. Reconnect!"

Mikael said...

totally, facebook is SOOO nerdy but yet so needed! I have connected with the danceworld, all my friends I danced with for years, and found out where they are and made connections, without facebook that wouldnt happen. But then again, facebook is SOOO nerdy. My friend suggestion was "julianne hough" (from dancing with the stars, then went singer) because a lot of my dancer friends have her as a friend.. but come on, nerdy!

The Ensign's said...

HA! I just saw that on my facebook the other day. How sad for those people that dont have many friends. Now all the rest of their friends know it.

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Susanne said...

Back when they had the "People You May Know" part, my friend got her own mother suggested to her. She didn't know her mom was on Facebook until then. :)

Your post makes me want to go check my own now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails