Saturday, January 09, 2010

2009 Stats

OK, I know I said we were done with 2009: The Year in Review posts, but here's one more. How about I tuck it away in a Saturday post so it's less noticeable? I forgot I wanted to do this until I saw it over at my friends' blog (Heissatopia). So I'm going to completely and absolutely steal their idea and run some interesting stats for My Adventures in Tucson/Limbo/Ithaca (but probably not as in-depth because I'm not as savvy as Andrew).

My Adventures in Tucson (January - June), My Adventures in Limbo (June - August), My Adventures in Ithaca (August - December) 2009 Stats


Total posts: 246

Total number of comments: 2583

  • Average number of comments per post: 10.5
  • Number of posts with no comments: 1
  • Highest number of comments on one post: 55
Number of subscribers (Google Reader only, I don't know how to find out anything else): 100

Most-discussed posts:

Top searches leading to this blog:
  • woombie
  • woombie reviews
  • lone survivor review bridget
  • my adventures in tucson
  • having tonsils removed
  • dollar movies tucson
  • woombie review
  • the woombie
  • waltz with bashir tucson
  • reverse sad
2009 Visitor Overview


  • Visits: 36,339
  • Absolutely unique visitors: 11,389
  • Pageviews: 59,267
  • Average time on site: 1 min 52 sec
Top Referring Sites
A little over 60% of visits to this blog comes from referring sites. That means that the visitor clicked on a link somewhere (facebook, another blog, etc.) and ended up here. This is as opposed to simply typing the address in the address bar the old-fashioned way. So if your blog is listed below, it doesn't mean that you personally were clicking away madly at links to My Adventures in Ithaca - it just means some of your visitors were.
Top Countries


  • United States (86.96% of total blog visits)
  • United Kingdom (2.67%)
  • Canada
  • Finland
  • Egypt
  • Australia
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Jordan
Top States


  • Arizona
  • Oregon
  • Utah
  • California
  • New York
  • Virginia
  • Michigan
  • Texas
  • District of Columbia
  • Massachussetts
Thank you for indulging me. And thank you, Google Analytics! Also thanks to Andrew and I hope he doesn't mind that I am attempting to duplicate, however poorly, his superior web ninja skillz.

9 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

NORTHERN INDIANA IN DA HOUSE!!!!

I am kind of surprised at how many people google about the woombie. I don't know why, but I am.

Anna said...

Ha! I am glad Soapy's blog is represented.

Also, you need to start targeting Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Louisiana.. and the other ones. I think readers in all 50 states in a good New Year's resolution for you.

Lilianne said...

Yeah! We made the list. What's funny about this is that a lot of your readers come to my blog!

Cool stats. Aren't you glad you wrote the woombie review? I'm sure you gathered some very loyal readers due to that review. Here's to an even cooler 2010!

Alyson P. said...

I was going to write a comment almost word for word what Anna said! It's interesting that you have readers from almost every state.

Andrew said...

Awesome. Itfadali :)

I think we're missing those same states. Maybe they don't haz the internets in the Dakotas…

Bridget said...

It does seem weird that I wouldn't get even a single visit from someone in, say, North Dakota. I have to wonder if it's something with the internet provider registering as a different state. I think my mom said that her visits sometimes show up as being from Canada.

sarah said...

i'm glad my living in wyoming at least helped represent one more state, if nothing else. lol

shabba shabba said...

I didn't realize blog owners could know so much about me as a lurker. They even know how long I spend on their blog! To preserve our friendship, the reason I spent only a few seconds on your blog on Tuesday, 8 July, is because I spilled grape juice on my pants and had to go change right away.

Jen said...

Did you ever notice how they filled in Lake Michigan on your map? Perhaps they accumulate all wireless/satellite access and have to attribute it to a state. :)

Oh, and hits from blogger can come if folks click to your blog through your profile page (as in, someone read your comment, then found out who you were and what other stuff you write), and I wouldn't be surprised if traffic generated from google reader gives blogger a re-direct point.
Joe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails