Thursday, March 04, 2010

Elsewhere 2010

For every summer since 2006, we've gone Elsewhere for the duration.

Here's a hint for where we're going this summer (because I'm a nerd like that):

And another hint:

And a few more:
-We're going there for Jeremy to work with a study abroad program.
-It's a place we've never lived before.
-In fact, we've never even been there before.
-But we have been to the country it's in.
-Why yes, that IS the Mediterranean Sea!
-It was a well known city way back when (like WAY back when) because of its lighthouse and library.
-We're really excited.

OK, so that last one isn't a hint but it's true, we are excited. And for those of you who have been there and know what we're in for, don't worry, we are not expecting a European-style Mediterranean heaven. I know it will be moderately dirty and stinky and inconvenient and I won't hardly be able to wear a bathing suit on the beach for fear of becoming pasty eye candy for all the local shebaab, but who cares? I think we're going to have a great experience, and it will be fun to go somewhere new for once.

(Here's the answer of where we're going for the summer of 2010 - just highlight to reveal: ALEXANDRIA, EGYPT.)

21 comments:

JackJen said...

Awwww.....Wow. Would that be Alexandria?

JackJen said...

Why yes, yes it would.

HAVE FUN!

Liz Johnson said...

JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS. I am so excited for you though!!!!

Andrew said...

Awesome! When are you guys coming? We might have to make one last trip up to Alex before we leave.

Kristen Sheranian said...

Wow that is exciting! You are so brave! I don't know if I would be as willing if I had a couple of kids to take along for the ride. But then again have the kids might make it even better! Good luck!

AmandaStretch said...

That was so my guess! (I don't have an MLIS for nothing. :) ) If you're going to be there in May, that'll be one more way for me to convince the Heisses we should go!

Natchel said...

Oh I'm SO jealous, I can't even describe it to you! Can I hide in your suitcase?

Bridget said...

We'll be there from sometime in May until sometime in August. Once we, you know, find out what our housing looks like, we will let you know if you want to stay with us or not!

Susanne said...

I like the picture from Vermont!

It seems you like to move around a lot. :)

The Ensign's said...

Wow! That's awesome. You're kids sure are lucky to get to experiance so many different places and cultures.

Katie said...

That is so cool! Also, I love your tricky secret reveal. It's like it's written in invisible ink or something.

Crys said...

A love nest...AWESOME!! I'm excited for you. Also I was reminded while I was looking at those pics that Miriam is ADORABLE...seriously the cutest girl!

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

I really enjoyed Alexandria on our visit there with Andrew & Nancy - so European compared to Cairo. I hope you'll get to see them before they come home to Utah in June.

Julie said...

Wow- I'm so excited for you! What a cool place- I just watched a movie about Alexander the Great from the library and there was a section about Alexandria. Looks like a neat place to visit (or live for awhile)!

Can't wait for the blog posts!

Anonymous said...

So glad you will be joining us this summer, B :) - Andrea

Stephanie said...

How fun! I have always wanted to go to Egypt.

The Harker's said...

Okay Bridget, that was very creative way to tell poeple where you are going. I am impressed. You may need to let me in on your secret of how you did it. Also, how fun! What an adventure. I am glad we will be coming back for Fall semster so I can hear all about it. And we missed you today.:(

Anna said...

Listen, I'm not advocating you have more kids (at 7.5 months pregnant I am very anti-gestation right now)--but I think you should add Alexandria to your pool of possible little girl names now.

Unless you hate your Summer, of course.

Jeanerbee said...

Wow. I will be GLUED here to hear about your adventures!!!

Britney said...

Congratulations!! What an adventure that will be.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails