Sunday, November 07, 2010

Prayers for Megan

A little boy I used to babysit when I was a teenager grew up and got married. After a few years, his wife became pregnant with their first baby. When the time came, she went into the hospital to deliver. During the course of labor (after an entirely normal pregnancy), she was diagnosed with leukemia. Immediately after the birth of her baby girl, she was taken in to get the care she needed.

This happened back in July. I have been following their story via Facebook and the website they set up. It has been so full of ups and downs but for a while there, it seemed to be mostly ups.

Now, however, Ryan and Megan (and their baby Rylee) are in the middle of a very big down. You can read their story here (click on The Story for the beginning; Journal for the blog entries). Please pray for them.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow. Your blog has been so somber lately. I suppose this is an opportunity for me to try to say what I said so poorly before better.

First of all, I am so grateful for my personal trials because I can see that I need the ones I got/have. Second, learning about what other people are going through gives me such great respect for them.

I will definitely keep your friends in my prayers. :)

Bridget said...

Well, this is the post I wrote instead of the one where I complained about both of my kids being sick. Hopefully things will be less somber from here on out...but I make no guarantees.

Susanne said...

I'm sorry to read about your friends' struggles. :(

I hope your girls are feeling better very soon!

Kathy Haynie said...

Megan and her family are in my prayers. Thank you for sharing the link to her blog.

Suzanne Bubnash said...

This family's situation has been a heavy weight on all of us who know them. Megan is a delightful, caring, vivacious woman and my heart aches for her fighting for her life instead of enjoying her newborn. Ryan is in dental school. His mom is taking care of the baby 2700 miles away.

They are people of faith and have been strengthened by the thousands of prayers offered by friends and strangers alike.

Liz Johnson said...

This is just awful. I'm so sorry. I'll definitely keep them in my prayers.

Bridget said...

Megan passed away early Monday morning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails