Monday, January 03, 2011

2010 Stats

Here are some blog stats for your review/entertainment (2009 stats here).

My Adventures in Ithaca (January - May), My Adventures in Egypt (May - August), Bridget of Arabia (September - December) 2010 Stats


Total posts: 253

Total number of comments: 2039

  • Average number of comments per post: 8
  • Number of posts with no comments: 4, 3 of which were reprints of old Flashback Fridays.
  • Highest number of comments on one post: 46
Number of subscribers (Google Reader only, I don't know how to find out anything else): 142



Most-discussed posts:

  • woombie reviews
  • woombie
  • my adventures in ithaca
  • bridget of arabia
  • woombie review
  • my adventures in ithica
  • getting your tonsils out at an older age
  • the woombie reviews
  • woombie pattern
  • acrosst
2009 Visitor Overview

  • Visits: 40,320
  • Absolutely unique visitors: 10,334
  • Pageviews: 70,240
  • Average time on site: 1 min 54 sec
Top Referring Sites
A little over 67% of visits to this blog comes from referring sites. That means that the visitor clicked on a link somewhere (facebook, another blog, etc.) and ended up here. This is as opposed to simply typing the address in the address bar the old-fashioned way. So if your blog is listed below, it doesn't mean that you personally were clicking away madly at links to Bridget of Arabia - it just means some of your visitors were.
Top Countries


  • United States (86% of total blog visits)
  • United Arab Emirates (3%)
  • United Kingdom
  • Egypt
  • Canada
  • Italy
  • Australia
  • Ireland
  • Lebanon
  • Germany

Top States
  • Arizona
  • Utah
  • New York
  • Oregon
  • California
  • Ohio
  • Virginia
  • Michigan
  • Texas
  • Idaho
Sadly, I lost the mystery readers I had last year in Wyoming, South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, whichever one of Alabama/Mississippi that is, and a couple of miscellaneous New England states. But since readership was up overall, I must have picked up the slack somewhere else in the world (or in the US).

Thanks for indulging me, and thanks to Google Analytics!

7 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to this post so that I could ask you how you get all your year-end stats (specifically traffic for the entire year). I'm not computer illiterate but for some reason I've never mastered Analytics.

    Also, I had strep throat over Christmas and my mom apologized for never having had my tonsils removed as a kid - they've always been really vulnerable to sickness. Not like it was her decision...our insurance wouldn't cover it unless I got it FOUR times in a year and my record was three. Anyway, just a couple of days ago I started thinking about maybe, MAYBE one day electing to have them out, but your post about it (and the comments) has officially scared the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally beat us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie, if you log on to Analytics there should be a box where you can specify the date range. Set it for the whole of 2010 and then just click around on the left sidebar until you find all the cool maps and things. The percentages and comment counts are things I calculated myself.

    It is so funny you mentioned strep throat because I HAVE IT RIGHT NOW. I used to get it 3-4 times a year before I had my tonsils out. Now it's more like every 18 months or 2 years. I'll take it! I don't regret having my tonsils out. You should do it.

    Andrew, did I miss your stats post?? You always do it with more flair than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have the Woombie people written you a thank-you card yet? Because they should.

    I feel strangely honored to be a referring link. I'm sure it's mostly my clicks, but hey, I'll take it. :)

    What was the other post with no comments??

    ReplyDelete
  5. see that little dot in florida? that's me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see "my" dot in North Carolina. ;) I like stats like this. Glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete

I had to disallow anonymous comments because of all the spam I was getting. Sorry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails