Saturday, January 29, 2011

Egypt

Image source.

The day before last, after reading my blog post on the Egypt protests, my mom sent me an email saying that thanks to the news in the US, she knew Charlie Sheen had been admitted to the hospital and that more snow was falling in the Northeast, but she didn't know a thing about what was going on in Egypt.

If that is the case for you, please watch Middle East-based news live, here, in English. Don't let the fact that it's Al-Jazeera turn you off, please. This is history being made, and you can watch it as it happens.

If you're on Twitter, you can follow @andrewheiss for the choicest updates on the situation as it progresses.

5 comments:

Sarah Rose Evans said...

The New York Times website has coverage too, with pictures and video and articles. Do you think they'll oust Mubarak?

Liz Johnson said...

Yeah... US media has been WAY behind on this whole thing. I am now trying to figure out how to get Al-Jazeera English on basic cable in the US... what a fabulous job they've done!

Suzanne Bubnash said...

AlJazeera has been very helpful. I have kept it running on live-feed for hours & hear it as I pass in and out of that room. Now the mainstream US newswebs have also had good coverage (since Friday morning). Some PDX area Egyptians rallied today in Pioneer Square.

Liz Johnson said...

How's the response/atmosphere in Sharjah & Dubai??

Jill said...

I LOVE Al-Jazeera English. I watched it every single day while I was living in Honduras.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails