Sunday, June 05, 2011

Food experiments, and eyebrows

I saw this at the grocery store the other day and I could not resist purchasing it (apparently yogurt is my kryptonite):
Pink grapefruit flavor?? I knew it was either going to be really good, or really bad. Guess what? It was really good! Hooray!



Also at the grocery store, I was looking for dried split peas. It was quite the challenge. There was a seriously extensive selection of lentils, but I couldn't find anything overtly identified as split peas. I finally let my eyes glaze enough to blur the names on the packages and found the item that just plain looked like split peas. Then I took a closer look and saw that it was labeled as "MOONG SPLIT." The "split" was good enough for me. I made split pea soup last night with MOONG SPLIT and it worked out just fine. Hooray, again!

In non-food experimentation news, a little girl at church drew this picture of me. I don't know quite what to think. I mean, are my eyebrows really my most distinctive feature??

9 comments:

Jeremy Palmer said...

The split pea soup was great! Well done. Thanks for caring me during my 16 hour days at the end of the semester. Almost "finish"!

Kathy Haynie said...

Mung beans? That's the bean that bean sprouts are made from. Sounds yummy.

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Mmmm, I look forward to tasting the pink grapefruit yogurt.

Liz Johnson said...

I would really love your split pea soup recipe!

And your eyebrows are... not distinctive, but they're not invisible either. You and I are both blonde with darker eyebrows, and people often question me about whether my eyebrows are real. I guess some people pencil in their eyebrows, but it still seems like a weird question to ask.

Marina said...

Hi Bridget! Sorry if my english is bad but i´m brazilian and my english is rusty. I found your blog on google while looking for people who are stopping to eat candy. I wanna do it myself but i feel really angushed just by thinking of it. I absolutely love sweets and it´s been an adiction to me for many years. This year, june 1st i started a blog whre i write about my decision to go one year without buying estuff that are not basic needs such as food and expendables. One thing i realized since i started my blog is that i spend a great deal on snacks and sweets when i´m away from home. Analizing this behaviour i came to the conclusion that i eat sweets 3 or 4 times a day!!! Wow!!! I realy want to stop eating candy but i´m afraid that i won´t make it. I hope you´re havening a really good experience by eating no candy. maybe I´ll join it too... i´m gathering courage!!!

Susanne said...

Pink grapefruit actually sounds refreshing. Too bad I don't like the texture of yogurt as it's rather healthy.

Eyebrows -- I was thinking maybe the child notices dark, thick eyebrows on people in the area so that's a feature that stands out to her. I was recalling Arabs having rather dramatic eyebrows and with niqabis eyes and eyebrows are about all you see of them. But I don't know how prevalent they are in your area or in that child's life. Maybe if she notices eyebrows, she definitely didn't want to forget to give you some. A nose, a body, fingers -- not such a big deal.

Actually I'm surprised she didn't highlight your big wholesome smile as that seems to be your most distinctive feature to me.

sarah-lucy said...

Based solely on seeing picture of you, I do think your eyebrows are your most distinctive feature. But they are really nice eyebrows, they add to the attractiveness of your face. Do you tweeze them or are they naturally shaped like that?

Bridget said...

Liz, that is a weird question to ask, but I can see how the blonde hair + brown eyebrows would bring that up.

Sarah-lucy, my eyebrows are just like that, but of course I tidy them up around the edges :).

This is the recipe I used, but obviously I didn't put in ham and I couldn't find malt vinegar, either.

Crys said...

I never noticed how one of your eyes was so much larger than the other...:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails