Tuesday, June 07, 2011

More yogurt

YOU GUYS:
I found this gem at the grocery store yesterday and I could not resist bringing it home. I vaguely remember drinking an aloe vera-flavored beverage (complete with aloe vera chunks) when I was in Japan but I guess I'm not that brave anymore. Yeah, it's going to take me another day or two to work up the courage to try this. Any guesses on what it's going to taste like? The Japanese drink tasted weird, kind of like plain freshness, if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see how this version measures up.

Meanwhile, AYE CARAMBA, thesis editing season is in full swing. I keep thinking I'm done and then another one shows up in my inbox. Today I spent two more hours and 47 pages steeped in the minutiae of Timon & Pumbaa in English and Arabic. Now I think it's time to call it a night.

5 comments:

shabba shabba said...

I think it will taste like toothpaste? Like, not the flavor so much, but I think it will leave that sensation in your mouth where, if you breathe in real sharply, everything in your mouth feels cold. That's my vote.

And I sympathize (empathize? I always get those two definitions mixed up) on the editing. I'm editing papers written by European scholars. They're smart, but their non-native English is, well, non-native. I'm spending like 20 hours on each paper. It's... tedious.

Liz Johnson said...

OOH I bet I would love that!!! Mmm refreshing.

The Ensign's said...

okay the pink grapefruit maybe, but aloe vera..... that's just plain disgusting!

Amber said...

I think it will taste like cucumber...I'm not sure why I think that exactly...but that's my vote!

breanne said...

I love everything aloe vera. They have the aloe vera drink in Taiwan, too, and I used to drink it all the time when I lived there. If the yogurt has aloe vera chunks (which I'm guessing it does) it will be even better (that was always my favorite part of the drink)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails