Thursday, September 15, 2011

One year in the UAE

One year ago tonight, after 20-something hours of plane travel, our bedraggled family of four stumbled in through the front door of our new home in Sharjah. It took a while for us to break it in - and for the UAE to break us in - but it's been a splendid year. Take a brief look at some of the changes in our home (before is on the left, after is on the right, the views are (roughly) the same, I promise):

Just as we've warmed up our home with personal touches and rearranged it into a more functional living space, we've warmed ourselves up to living in the UAE and rearranged habits and expectations to maximize the daily value of living.

Happy UAE anniversary!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, that went by fast (you know, for me who wasn't living it!) Happy one year!!

Liz Johnson said...

Yeah, I'm with Jenn - that went FAST! And your place is so freaking cute. I love how well you've decorated and maximized your space. Happy Anniversary!!!

breanne said...

Congratulations for making it through the first year! I have to tell you that I live in Jerusalem now, so if you ever make it up this way please let me know. I would love it if I ran into you at church one of these days or something!

Katie said...

Bridget,

You are seriously so cool.

-Katie

Kathy Haynie said...

Goodness, I "met" you via your blog as you were packing for the move. I didn't realize it had been a whole year already. Happy Anniversary! Your home is lovely - so fun to see the before and after photos.

Jeremy Palmer said...

Good job getting those pics when we first arrived. I really enjoyed seeing how our home has changed. JLP

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails