Friday, October 28, 2011

October 28th, outsourced

We don't have them here (that I've seen, anyway), but these Coke Freestyle machines intrigue me. Here is an article where some food critics take pop super seriously and taste-test all available beverages from a Coke Freestyle machine. Mmm, caffeine free diet Coke with raspberry.

Luckily for me, there is no real fashion runway on the sidewalk outside of Magdalena's school at drop-off in the mornings. However, I will say that the muhajibaat have a major advantage over us infidels because if they're wearing their pajamas under their abaya, or if their hair is a mess under their veil, nobody knows about it and they still look fabulously put-together at 7.45am. Hmph.

Remember when TV shows used to have episodes that were like extended "The More You Know" bits? Shudder. [HT Eric D. Snider]

Some guy drove his Honda Accord 1,000,000 miles. Neat.

This week's I-saw-it-everywhere-at-once link is Cheese or Font? Try it - it's strangely addictive.

My blog friend Jessie (who I've never met) used to live on a Caribbean island and there was this one beach that was right by an airport. Like RIGHT. BY. AN AIRPORT.

Another guy I've never met but whose blog I enjoy always writes about scary stories from his life around Halloween. Here's his most recent post. My favorite one is this one, from 2005.


5 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Those new Coke machines are awesome, and they have actually added even more flavors since the people wrote this article. You can now flavor your Dr. Pepper and/or Diet Dr. Pepper, as well as more varieties. I have often wanted to do this exact experiment... except that I generally hate most soft drinks (except for Diet Dr. Pepper & Coke Zero).

I quoted that Saved by the Bell PSA right along with it. I've still got it! And Jessie hooked on caffeine pills?! Integral part of my childhood.

That airplane scared the crap out of me. I would not be at that beach.

I really want to get my Civic to 250,000 miles... and I would be ecstatic if my Odyssey made it that far.

Katie said...

1. That beach is crazy. I guess you don't really go there to relax. Though I'm sure 3 year-old boys would be happy to hang out there all day.

2. That cheese or font game really is strangely addicting. Or I guess it would be if I were any good at it. (I'm not.)

Jennifer said...

Once I show my husband that someone got their Accord to 1,000,000 miles that will become his new goal in life. He is already planning on keeping it so Ellen can drive it when she turns 16 in 12 years.

Kathy Haynie said...

I really enjoyed The Craig Report. Thanks for the link!

robin said...

i have experienced sleep paralysis! it was terrifying and until now, i didn't know what it was. so thanks... i feel much better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails