Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rest, at last

As per Matthew's suggestion (in my post about hacking up NyQuil pills), I got myself to the pharmacy last night and procured some Toplexil. The description of its intended use said it was for dry, itchy coughs that persist especially at nighttime. Folks, that is ME. So I took some last night and had the best night's sleep since November 4th (before the onset of The Cough).

The night before, I had tried the Dextrolag I got from the doctor. It was ok, I guess. The taste of it was appalling, though. They love their medicinal syrups here, which works for me since I hate taking pills, but the color, aroma, and flavor of Dextrolag is exactly like that ghastly pink soap you only find in freeway rest area bathrooms.

So not only is Toplexil more effective for my purposes, but it tastes about a million times better. Like crème caramel, in fact. I found myself thinking about how good it tasted today and then I was immediately worried that I would slowly turn into Lily Bart from The House of Mirth. If you hear me arguing with myself about whether or not to have another sip of tincture of laudanum (or whatever it was), BE CONCERNED.

Goodnight!

6 comments:

elliespen said...

Not gonna lie, the Lily Bart reference made my morning. So glad you were able to get a good night's rest.

Crys said...

So I think it is the antihistamine that is making you so happy :) That can't be any worse then me and my Nightquil when I'm sick...thank you sweet alcohol induced relief :)

Liz Johnson said...

You know, I know this will make me sound like an addict, but man, drugs are awesome.

Suzanne Bubnash said...

I want to bring some home with me from Sharjah--will US Customs arrest me?

Matthew said...

I'm glad that it helped!

As far as I am aware there isn't any restriction on brining it into the US. I brought some back this summer without any trouble. I suppose re-selling it would be bad. You would have to put it in your checked luggage, since it definitely qualifies as a liquid.

Bridget said...

Elliespen, I was worried that nobody would get the Lily Bart reference. You made MY morning by understanding it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails