Saturday, December 31, 2011

CANDY (oh, and Happy New Year)

If I don't wake up tomorrow morning, it's probably because I will have entered a candy-induced coma. I haven't had candy since 27 December 2010. I've spent the last year stockpiling some favorites in preparation for 2012. Here's what I've got on hand for tonight after midnight:
Toffifee is readily available at any store here. If you haven't ever had Toffifee, you haven't lived. Try it, it's good. Good & Plenty came in a package from my mom sometime in September. The Chocoa was a gift from a friend for Christmas. The peanut butter cups are only available at Carrefour around Christmas time, so I bought a bag a few weeks ago and then hid it from Jeremy. The toff-chocs or whatever were actually supposed to be for a friend (she was looking for Da'im but IKEA was out), but she ended up not needing them so I gladly kept them. The mentos are from Turkey. Yes, Turkey - I've never seen those flavors before so I bought them in Goreme and then put them out of sight in my underwear drawer for lo, these five months. The only thing I'm missing is York peppermint patties. I know they have them at the Hershey store in Dubai Mall, so a trip there may be in my (imminent) future.

I'm going to keep the "sweets on Friday only" rule for 2012, and I'm sure I'll remember pretty quickly how candy really only tastes good at the moment you're eating it, but hoo boy, am I going to have fun tonight!!!!!

7 comments:

breanne said...

What flavor are the mentos? And have you seen grapefruit mentos in Sharjah or Turkey or anywhere in your travels? I used to buy them in Jerusalem several years ago but I can't find them now.

Good luck with that candy-induced coma!

Kathy Haynie said...

You are amazing. Have fun with the candy!

Liz Johnson said...

WOOHOO!! I'm especially excited to hear about those mentos. I am a secret mentos lover. Have fun tonight!

Sarah Familia said...

You have some pretty incredible self-control. Happy candy day!

Glenda The Good said...

LOVE IT! Hope you aren't planing on driving anywhere tonight ;)

Susanne said...

Andrew gave me a bag of York peppermint patties for Christmas. I just opened the bag and ate one in your honor. Congrats on going candy free in 2011. You have some amazing will power. Seriously.

Bridget said...

The mentos are raspberry, watermelon, and lemon/strawberry. But I got so busy eating the good & plenty and Toffifee that I haven't got around to trying them yet. I've never seen grapefruit ones, but I will snatch them up if I get the chance! They sound delicious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails