Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16th, outsourced

If this SMS exchange about Snuggies is fake, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

Sometimes a cappella song and dance routines creep me out, but I have to admit that this particular performance by Vocal Point had me mesmerized.

Personally, I never unpack into hotel drawers. You?

People Are Awesome. I showed this video to both of the classes I teach and they loved it beyond all reason. So do I, actually. [HT Jeremy's cousin on FB]

If any of your less-informed friends try to pass off Gingrich's "Palestinians are fake" line as genuine, here's an article you should read so you can be prepared to correct them in a polite and informed manner.

This article in the WSJ about Christmas card photos features some friends of mine from Portland. I saw their Christmas card before it appeared in the article and it is lovely.

Reading about the logistics of Santa visiting every Christian kid in the world on Christmas Eve kind of broke my brain.

7 comments:

Holly Mayer said...

that snuggie exchange is the funniest thing i have seen in a long time!!

Ariana said...

That stranger blog -- a lady in my ward said it's written by her brother's friend. It's legit. The contents, who knows. Did you scroll down and read the guy's journal entries from when he was a kid? OH MAN. hilarious.

shabba shabba said...

Yeah, I know the snuggie dude. He graduated from the law school last year. You know it's the 21st century when a guy in Provo pretends he's a girl over SMS, and people in Dubai are reading about it.

Liz Johnson said...

I freaking love snuggies. Not gonna lie.

Also, I distinctly remember trying to do that kind of Santa math when I was in the fifth grade. Ultimately, I decided I didn't care, because my mom always said that Santa didn't bring presents to people who don't believe in him, so I just decided that the details were unimportant. And hey, I still get presents from Santa! It's great.

I get my Christmas cards from Costco. They have enough options to make me happy, but not so many that it's completely overwhelming.

And no, I never unpack into hotel drawers either.

elliespen said...

I also know the snuggie guy. Best. Thing. Ever.

JJ said...

Terrific blog! I'm your newest follower.

Britney said...

You know I love that "Every Little Step" performance by Vocal Point. That was my cousin, Tanner, at his finest. :)

Thanks for sharing. It was fun to watch again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails