Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23rd, outsourced

I've written about $800 strollers before, but this one takes it up a notch.

My students showed me this video that made the rounds in the Middle East (and beyond...?) a few years ago and it at once terrified me and impressed me. My Saudi students, on the other hand, were totally blasé about it - "oh, speed skating in sandals on the freeway? That was SO four years ago."

In really weird cloud news, we have tsunamis and UFOs. [HT Jeremy and Kathy]

Falling is the new cone-ing, which was the new planking, I guess? It's good for a laugh, anyway.

2011 was The Year of the Mormon. It used to be that months would go by without any kind of Mormon-related article in the newspaper. Not so anymore.

WHAT ON EARTH. [HT a bunch of people on FB]

Finally, here's a collection of the best media errors of 2011.

5 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Yeah, that P. Diddy thing had my entire world upside down for a good half hour. What the what?

Parents know that their kids are going to barf all over that stroller, right?

Suzanne Bubnash said...

What's more dangerous to other cars, the guys skating on the freeway or the driver taking the video?

The Sierra Nevada gets those lenticular clouds during certain weather conditions. When we saw them hanging over the peaks we knew we were in for a wildly harsh windstorm that would blow all the trash out of the town landfill into our front yard.

Nancy said...

That's a stroller?! I thought it was a vacuum from the picture. Just sayin'.

Kathy Haynie said...

I used to have a Gordon B. Hinckley quote on the wall in my (HS English) classroom: "Those who resort to swearing and the use of filthy language only advertise the poverty of their vocabularies and a glaring paucity in their powers of expression."

One day a student who was prone to naughty words in his writing actually incorporated a character in his story quoting Gordon B. Hinckley. Haha. It was so out of context...made my day.

The P. Diddy quote reminded me of that moment.

The whole Gordon B. Hinckley talk is here: http://lds.org/ensign/1996/06/true-to-the-faith?lang=eng

Jessie said...

Kyle M on BCC is my brother-in-law!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails