Friday, December 02, 2011

December 2nd, outsourced

It's possible that I'm as irrationally, fantastically upset about people who complain about babies crying on airplanes as those people are about...well, babies crying on airplanes. Here's a perspective from The Economist (and I'd like to highlight FP's lovely use of the term "uncontrollable rogue states of travel" to describe said crying babies).

I loved this: a Google Earth puzzle. I only got 5/25 correct but the fun was in the journey, not the score.

Arizona state senator: Herman Cain has not sexually harassed me, even though I am attractive. REALLY. [HT Eric D. Snider]

If you're looking for some Christmas gifts for your children, here are five great toys! [HT a bunch of my friends on FB]

This article really resonated with me - it's almost like she's articulating the feelings about the Breaking Dawn movie that I couldn't express on my own.

"Mormon disco ball" is now the first item on my Christmas list. Thank you, video. [HT Andrew]

I saw this Nicolas Cage Serbian biology textbook cover on its own, completely without context, about a week ago. I think the background story actually makes it LESS funny, but whatever.

11 comments:

Jen said...

On the google maps quiz, I got 11. BUT. Only 4 or 5 of them were somewhere in the neighborhood of an "informed" guess. The others? Full-on guess work.

Fascinating, though! (Especialy the one of deforestation in Brazil.)

Bridget said...

Jen, you may notice that one link is missing. I actually wrote out the words and included the link, and then removed it. I guess I concur with Joe's feelings that I would rather claw my eyes out than see it again. But if you were to post the link in the comments...

Jeremy Palmer said...

14!

Liz Johnson said...

Wait, WHAT MISSING LINK?!

I got 8 out of 25.

Liz Johnson said...

Also, I am fairly attractive, and Herman Cain has never harrassed me either. Logically, this means that... Herman Cain is gay.

I am going to use that toy link to convince Chris that camping gear is the best family Christmas gift ever. After all, there is an abundance of dirt/sticks when camping.

I love this quote: "Breaking Dawn is the most compelling argument I've seen for why you shouldn't marry the brooding guy you had a crush on in junior-year science class." Hahahahaha.

Ok, that Black Friday video is CLASSIC. Crackin' me up.

And children on a plane... you know, if you don't want to have to interact with children in a public space, then stay home. FOR THE LOVE.

Jill said...

The quiz is impossible. I didn't get enough correct to keep going. I like the ones in which you fly over and click on where cities are located

Suzanne Bubnash said...

I got 11.

Jen said...

I actually thought you may have omitted it because it's been picked up by....well....everyone. BUT. If you haven't seen it (Liz, I'm assuming you have...that is...IF YOU READ MY EMAILS), here is my Friday afternoon gift to you all.

(My advice? Don't close your eyes in horror...no matter how much you want to--and you'll want to...you'll miss the end if you do.)

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/29/9093303-couple-saves-awkward-first-kiss-for-wedding-day-on-virgin-diaries

(again, too lazy to hyperlink)

Jen said...

Okay, Okay, I'll do it:
Here's the link

Crys said...

10 out of 25...that was fun!

Liz Johnson said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I had seen the article but not the video until now. Oh man. Bless their hearts, eh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails