Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13th, outsourced

Sometimes I enjoy reading train wrecks like the comments on this Consumerist post.

I saw this article about (not) loving every moment of parenthood everywhere at once, and for good reason. Because it is true and awesome.

Finally, some good news re: kids and balconies in the UAE. Bravo to the policeman. Boo to the parents.

I've actually never seen the Rocky movies but this song (for the hypothetical (?) musical) cracks me up.

One of my students showed me this video that features interviews with Gazans talking about the new year and I really enjoyed it! I thought you might, too.

My favorite painting-as-a-photograph was #9. [HT Kathy]

Newest rediscovered nerdy pastime: playing with the MLA nationwide language distribution maps. You're welcome.

Introducing the newest, best beauty product. [HT Missy]

This Socially Awkward Penguin meme has changed my life, and I only saw it for the first time this morning. It's as groundbreaking for me as that The Atlantic article about introverts was. There are so many behaviors mentioned on this meme that I never imagined anyone else besides me ever experienced. Now I know that I am not alone. Wow. Just WOW. (Warning for some language.) [HT Scotty]

7 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

I really love the carpe diem article. I hadn't seen it yet! Seriously though, can people stop telling me that I should appreciate every moment? I'm sorry, but nobody will ever appreciate six poopy diapers in four hours. EVER. And if they do, I DON'T WANT TO BE THAT PERSON ANYWAYS.

And I'm REALLY glad to hear that they broke down the door to save that little kid. And I'm glad to hear that they're doing something to educate parents on the importance of supervision.

I LOOOOOVED the Dali picture/photo. I really love Dali.

The MLA link was broken for me. :(

elliespen said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Socially Awkward Penguin. Life-changing. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Socially Awkward Penguin. I didn't know anyone besides me had some of these experiences.

Hannah

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad we can all admit that parenting young children isn't a fun walk in the park every day and that's ok! Loved that article.

Jill said...

OMG I have been on Socially Awkward Penguin all morning

Andrew said...

Penguins! Yes!

Katie said...

Love that post about parenting. So, so true.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails