Monday, February 13, 2012

Good Mom

Every once in a while I feel like a good mom. Today was one of those times. I've spent probably five minutes total on Pinterest since joining a few months ago, which seems to be unusual. I think I don't understand it well enough to get addicted. Anyway, today I spent another five minutes on Pinterest browsing through the Valentine's Day activities for kids ideas. I found a great idea on Pinterest (thanks, Jessie, for the Pinterest usage guide) for these:

You write in white crayon on white paper and then paint over it with watercolor. I ended up doing the writing because it's harder to write invisibly than you might think. The girls loved it and actually, so did I. And now they have some cute Valentines to bring to their classmates tomorrow!

Speaking of which, hoo boy did I have a fun time writing all of Miriam's classmates' names. She wanted to paint the girl hearts different colors than the boy hearts, so before I wrote each name I had to ask if it was a girl or a boy. My initial guess was wrong more than half the time. For example, Aria is a boy, and it's pronounced uh-REE-uh.

Hooray for Good Mom days!

Then again, in the time I was on Pinterest I saw a lot of examples of moms being A LOT better than me, so the benefit of finding the cool craft idea on there was cancelled out. Oh well.

7 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Hahaha - just making ANY Valentines...especially in advance, and especially with the individual names on them, makes you a SUPER mom. What a fun project. So fun to create with the kiddos.

Amber said...

I've decided that blogs and Pinterest are both really good at making me feel like everyone is a better mom than I. Oh well. All I can figure is that maybe there are things I do that make me super awesome, only I just don't realize what they are or blog/pin them!

Nancy said...

I, uh, printed out Valentines (here) and had my girls colour them this afternoon. That's about as creative as we got this year. :)

I think you're a great mom.

Amanda said...

Is ine if the kids named "Harsh"?

Kitty Crazy! said...

I think you did great! Though Pinterest also makes me feel inadequate as a decorator/crafter/human being.

Bridget said...

Yes! There is also a kid whose name is pronounced "Hater." Interesting.

Finding My Way Softly said...

Way to go Super-Bridget!! Yes, you are a great mom! Even on days when youa ren't feeling like a "good mom" you are an inspiration to me and a lot of others who follow your blog!

Isn't it interesting how new ideas come from celebrating Valentine's Day? I had several beautiful thoughts come to me as I wrote Valentine's cards.

This year I decided to only send cards to a few people, which meant I had much more time. I hand made all of the cards I sent out, which means instead of looking for just the right words in a card at the store, I had to find the right words. One of the cards even turned into a poem. (It is on my blog if you want to see it.)

I think it is great that you helped your daughters make their cards. I think that too often we "cheat" and turn to commercial products, when we could make something that is much more pretty/thoughtful/ interesting/loving/etc. if we just take the time to slow down and think about the person we are honoring on Valentine's Day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails