Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23rd, outsourced

This blog post by Stephen Wolfram (of Wolfram|Alpha), detailing the um, details of his life, is astonishing. ASTONISHING. [HT Ashi]

You might think you're not interested in reading an article about cookbook ghostwriters. I think you will be interested in reading an article about cookbook ghostwriters.

By Common Consent made me laugh a lot this week. Be sure to check out the FB link mentioned in comment #3.

This "Who is Your Downton Dreamboy?" quiz is so clever it will make you cry.

This really is the best wedding announcement ever! I love it. Too bad I can't remember who linked to it...sorry.

My Hunger Games name is Aimee Boggledeen. Awesome. [HT Eric D. Snider]

There is no way I can explain what this is, or why it's funny. You either get it, or you don't. (Your chances of getting it are increased if you ever turned on PBS as a kid in the 80s/90s looking for Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers but this was on instead.) I hope you get it, because it's hilarious. [HT Ken Jennings]

5 comments:

Jill said...

Haha Bridget, thanks for your support. I thought that one would be as popular as What Flavor of Mormon Are You? but people are not catching the vision yet. Who did you get?

Bridget said...

I got Branson because I couldn't resist the descriptions that applied to him. Is there a way to see the paragraph describing the results of each choice? I think this quiz is even cleverer than the Mormon one.

Liz Johnson said...

Apparently I am "Twill Whistlewart" from District 9, and I was killed by "not being equipped to deal with bad things happening to you." I had to laugh because, um, yes.

That BCC Jon McNaughton post practically made my year. I was dying laughing at that. Comment #30 made me snort-laugh.

I love that Happy Tree guy. I still sometimes see him on PBS at weird times, and it makes me so happy.

Seth Adam Smith said...

Thank you for posting to my wedding announcement! I'm glad that you liked it (I'm rather fond of it myself...). I've read through some of your blog. It's pretty cool that you're in the UAE. How did you land a job there? That would be amazing.

Finding My Way Softly said...

Loved the PBS reference. I remember being home sick and watching and thinking it must be easy to paint. So at 9ish I learned it is not easy, and I am not a visual artist. I mostly stick to writing, poetry and the clever placement of stickers on cards as my "art."

I loved the political satire itself, but the debate in the comments section was so strange that I just couldn't help adding my own two cents, even if it was a slightly sarcastic comment invoking the Articles of Faith. I found it amazing that satire and sarcasm could call into question someone's testimony or right to be a disciple of Christ.

Loved the wedding announcement! Life certainly can get complicated sometimes. Lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails