Friday, May 04, 2012

May 4th, outsourced

Here's a look about what a Mormon US president could mean for the faith. [HT Kathy]

Also, The Economist looks into the Mormon way of doing business.

Also, Jon Stewart takes a look at some of the truly bizarre ways Mormonism has been treated in the media lately. [HT BCC]

What does "Young Adult" really mean, when it comes to literature? Good question.

I was flabbergasted to read this article and find out that even after giving up a spot in highly selective (and expensive) private schools, parents may still be on the hook for tuition.

My heart gave a little squeal of joy to see some of the cast of The West Wing together again. [HT Jen]

3 comments:

Susanne said...

I enjoyed the Mormon articles especially why Mormons are so successful in business (clean living, organization, missionary tradition.) And I was laughing at Martin Bashir's reporting on Romney's lying and the lake of fire thing. (Although I thought Mormons didn't really believe in hell so I'm guessing that's all symbolic talk from the BoM anyway.)

I remember when Obama was elected people were talking about how far blacks had come in the US, and now I see similar things in the faith article re: Mormons. A former persecuted faith coming so far.

Really interesting articles. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Haynie said...

I woke up to a stressful day: leading a full day of training for 20 other teachers. I knew it would be a full-on, intense effort. What a delight to enjoy The Daily Show over breakfast. My husband and I chuckled all the way through, and then couldn't stop laughing at the zinger parting shot. Thank you!

ireminisces said...

Interesting

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails