Friday, July 13, 2012

July 13th, outsourced

I hear the US had/is having a heat wave. Just be glad you're not in one of the 10 hottest places on earth.

Dora the Explorer: The Movie. Hilarious.

A swimmer and a journalist prove to be the making of each other. Awwwwww.

The Consumerist asks, at what age is it appropriate to market professional waxing to girls? I...hate that ad.

Here's a delightfully negative, snarky look at the worst thing about summer in eight American cities.

I love everything about the fact that a girl meant to email her resume and cover letter to a prospective employer but accidentally sent a photo of crazy Nic Cage instead. LOVE.

The Real Housewives of the Syrian Revolution (plus more photos).

What do you think of the US Olympics uniforms?

You know, sometimes it is interesting to think of how brands have such a presence in social media these days.

Articles like this (about the US gymnastics team) make perfect use of GIFs.

Here's another perfect use of a GIF (Magdalena dancing!). Thanks, Andrew!

3 comments:

Crys said...

Yea gymnastics! Boo oppressive Syrian gov! Yea feel good swimming story! Boo new York garbage! Yea repetative booty shake! Boo Olympic outfits! Boo waxing add but....as a Mexican girl with dark brown hair my mom would have really helped me out had she let me wax my eyebrows and stash at twelve when I first asked. Instead she left me with three years of teasing until 15 when I took matters into my own hands. I told Dr j the day we found out we we're
e preggo....if this kid wants to wax at ten I'll take them :)

Jen said...

The US olympic uniforms are made in China. And judging by the angry reactions of Boehner, Reid, et al, this is the first bit of bipartisan agreement we've had in years.

It's an Olympic-sized miracle!

Jeremy Palmer said...

I loved this post. The 10 hottest cities were fascinating. It made me look up more info. The uniforms are laughable, but they are better than Australia's and China's. And thank you Andrew for the GIF!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails