Saturday, August 18, 2012

August 17th, outsourced

It is never a bad time to remind you to watch this video (from SIX years ago) about Al Jazeera English. Still one of my all-time favorites, and since I've been around my family we've been quoting it A LOT.

I swear the 90s didn't look like this when I was living through them. And yet, they must have. [HT Scotty]


I really really wish I could be in Portland for this zombie road race. But I also kind of know I would be too scared to do it. I don't run well when I'm being chased. [HT Blair]

I cannot get enough of these Olympics GIFs!!!! [HT Andrew]

I had totally forgotten about those American missionaries who were kidnapped for a few days in Russia, so this article was an interesting refresher.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the 90s really did look like that. We didn't notice it so much at the time...wonder what styles we'll look back on and groan about 20 years from now?

    Thank you for the update on the kidnapped missionaries. It seems so strange that they were almost immediately separated. It would make the whole experience even more surreal, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those missionaries were in my mission, and I was there at the time of the kidnapping (although I was in a different city). We were holed up in our apartments for a week. I taught myself to juggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that was your mission but I couldn't remember exactly when you were there. I can't imagine how worried your poor mom was!

      Delete
  3. I received a phone call from the mission department in SLC while I was teaching a piano lesson. My heart almost jumped out of my chest when the caller announced who he was and what had happened. Luckily, he first informed me that Scott was safe. I was one scared mama for quite a while! Of course, having two sons in Russia and one in the ghettos of Sao Paulo kind of made me nervous for those 6 years, anyway!

    ReplyDelete

I had to disallow anonymous comments because of all the spam I was getting. Sorry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails