Monday, November 19, 2012

The best movie soundtrack

I'm not referencing my iTunes library as I write this so it's possible I'm missing something obvious, but is Top Gun the best movie soundtrack or what??
It is a fact that listening to the soundtrack for Top Gun will make you more excited to do whatever it is you have to do. I have used Top Gun to get me fired up for driving on the crazy roads in Oman, when working really hard in spinning class, and to give me courage for a dentist appointment. Plus, if I ever become a figure skater, the Top Gun anthem will be the music for my long program. OH YEAH.


I listened to Top Gun a lot as a kid - like A LOT. That's how I know ALL the lyrics to ALL the songs, even the ones that didn't make sense to six-year-old me. Actually, I can sing along phonetically to the entirety of Take My Breath Away but I guess I don't know the "words" per se - does anyone? "Never hesitating to become a favorite was"? "Haunted by the notion somewhere there's a love that inflames"?

What's your favorite movie soundtrack? Besides Top Gun, of course.

11 comments:

Yvonne Anderson said...

I love the nostalgia brought on by a good soundtrack.....my fave...Pretty in Pink

Liz Johnson said...

I have never seen the movie nor heard the soundtrack. Am I still American?

Bridget said...

No. No you are not.

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Music Man, That Thing You Do, Last of the Mohicans . . . and others I can't think of right now.

sarah said...

O Brother, Where Are Thou has an excellent soundtrack. My personal favorite is The Saint, but I don't like every single song 100%..so I don't know if that counts. I have the score from it too and it has some awesome songs. As I was googling the best soundtracks of all time, The Piano was mentioned. My mom would probably say that's one of the best around.

@ Liz,
You should go to the library right now and pick up a copy of Top Gun.

sarah said...

Oh another good one mentioned: Napoleon Dynamite

Glenda The Good said...

I love a lot of Disney (I can sing the entire cd of Tarzan, Pocahontas, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Mulan) from the first lyric to the last...and lots of musical, Oklahoma, Annie, Gigi, My Fair Lady, Grease, Phantom, and Les Mis (so excited about the new movie)...it's a little embarrassing, but you just admitted to the whole Top Gun thing so I thought maybe we were in a safe space :) Sweeney Todd anyone, anyone???? My four favorite movie soundtracks of all time Braveheart, Gladiator, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Forrest Gump.

Glenda The Good said...

I also should mention Dreamgirls. Jennifer Hudson blew my mind in that movie :)

Tia said...

I agree with you Bridget. Though I only partially & forcefully watched the movie one time about 10 years ago. The soundtrack is pretty awesome.

Julia - Finding My Way Softly said...

I haven't ever seen it either. :-)

Lisa Lou said...

My favorite soundtrack is Dan in Real Life. The Titanic soundtrack is good too. I use to listen to it on repeat in highschool. It's good study music.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails