Friday, March 29, 2013

March 29th, outsourced

Not many links today. It was a busy week heading in to Spring Break and actually I'm somewhere in Germany as you're reading this.

My friend Liz sent me this link (Hi. In the past two years you have allowed me to kill 70,000 people) and I can't stop thinking about it. On the one hand, it's not that simple. On the other hand...isn't it?

Watch this anti-rape ad and see how it surprises you. [HT Kathy]

Illegal. [HT Lisa]

A generational shift in understanding life with Down Syndrome.

It wouldn't be Outsourced Friday without at least one frivolous link. So here are 25 astonishingly useless tips found in magazines. Some of those are seriously SO BAD. And British, I suspect.

OK, OK, two frivolous links. Was the destruction of the Death Star an inside job? [HT Matt]

3 comments:

Matt Anderson said...

I see only one frivolous link. That last link might be the most important link ever posted here.

Liz Johnson said...

Ok, that rubber band trick isn't useless - I've done that with every single pregnancy. Maternity pants don't stay up well until you're like five months along!

But seriously, those useless tips are like a hoarder's dream. NO REASON TO THROW ANYTHING AWAY EVER EVER EVER!!!

And the anti-rape ad is awesome. Seriously.

The first time I heard that stat about aborting a baby with Down Syndrome, I felt like I got punched in the gut. I hope the attitudes about living a life with Down Syndrome (or any other life-altering condition) continue to change.

As you can imagine, I have pretty strong feelings about immigration. I cannot believe that people brought into the US as children cannot be given a path (and an easy one at that) to citizenship. We're losing some of the best and brightest of our people because of our bigoted, bureaucratic immigration laws that are sporadically and unevenly enforced. This video is so important. I'm posting it. :)

Suzanne Bubnash said...

I read a women's mag in the hospital last week and could add some more useless tips from that. And unrealistic decorating ideas. But think about it, sewing up the legs of an old pair of shorts, then hanging it on the wall to put your junk in?? Shudder . . .

Love the article about Down Syndrome. I know from personal experience that disabled lives are as rich as our own, and in turn we are enriched. The all-time rudest comment I've had from people who have observed my life is, "I'm glad it's you and not me." And I say, "I'm glad it's me, too." And I feel pity for them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails