Saturday, July 20, 2013

July 19th, outsourced

It's a very brief Outsourced Friday for you this week. First, I was traveling a lot and not surfing the web (a shame). Second, I left my laptop in Sharjah, along with all the bookmarks I had saved up before Tuesday. Enjoy what little I have for you. Maybe contribute your own in the comments?

Desert refuge: inside the Za'atari refugee camp for displaced Syrians in Jordan (some language warning).

Here are 30 awesome photos from our past. That must have been some snowball fight! [HT Crys]

Have you ever felt like reading about someone's experience having bunion surgery? Well, it's your lucky day! My mom has written up a compelling account of her surgery, recovery, and complications, complete with pictures...that you might not want to look at (fair warning is given, don't worry).

7 comments:

Susanne said...

I love your last paragraph - soo funny! (Not Suzanne's surgery and complications. Just the way you wrote about it.)

Those photographs were GREAT! I couldn't pick a favorite.

Welcome home!

Crys said...

Haha! I actually had already read her bunion story, surgery, and complication tale! Well written, fascinating, and horrifying all in one! Made me want to throw out every pair of high heels I own :)

Merkley Jiating said...

Those pictures of your mom's foot. Wow. I am glad I wasn't eating anything. Crazy crazy!

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Yeah, the high heels. They are a proven cause of foot deformity (such as bunions). I personally never wore heels at all, because my whole life my mom told me not to, or I would end up having bunion surgery like she did (twice). Yet I still developed bunions. I believe they run in some families like other maladies can. On the plus side, I was 16 years older at my bunion surgery than my mom was when she had the first one. She wore high heels going to her various jobs in NYC, pounding the concrete day in and day out.

Suzanne Bubnash said...

I know, they make me sick too. But modern medicine can do marvelous things.

Crys said...

Yeah I've heard it is genetic and exasterbated by heels. That is a bummer especially since you were so careful! It was the infection after the surgery that really got me! Sorry you had to go through that!!!

Amy said...

Your poor mom! I hope she's feeling better. My mother needs to get bunion surgery on both feet, so I read your mom's posts to see if I should suggest them as encouragement for my mom. BUT...I think I'm gonna hold off!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails