Thursday, September 26, 2013

D-day

Happy due date to me! Yay.

The girls and I drew this chart on the whiteboard as a visual representation of the uncertainty that is waiting for a baby to be born. They came downstairs this morning and realized that today was the due date (circled in yellow), but I told them that as far as I could tell, Sasha 3.0 wasn't going to be born today.

A few minutes later, Miriam ran into the kitchen to tell me, "I guess one of your babies was born early [Miriam], one was born on time [Magdalena], and one will be late!"

She's right, of course, and the way that she said it has put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

We'll see how long that smile lasts.

7 comments:

Crys said...

Happy d-day! I know it's not as great as happy birthday, but as my favorite midwife Ray always said, "this baby can't stay in there forever." In case you are wondering that did not make my two days past due date with Captain E go any faster and it did not keep me from crying when he scheduled two appointments past my due date. I seriously wish they would just do away with due date and do due month :)

Susanne said...

I was thinking last night that maybe he will come on your birthday. :)

Liz Johnson said...

Oh man. As somebody who has had four overdue babies... I feel your discomfort. I'm so hoping this little dude makes his debut very, very soon.

Jen said...

Happy Due Date!!! Wa-hoooooooooooo! I hope, for your sake, that you don't have to wait for your birthday....BUT....my mom and grandmother share a birthday and it's really something to behold. (Including the great birthday of 2009 when my mom got up in front of everyone and tearfully apologized for all of the decades where she (my mom) hijacked her (my grandmother's) special day.) =)

Maybe to celebrate, you should have a red raspberry leaf and evening primrose oil smoothie?

Or maybe just some ice cream.

Kathy Haynie said...

Ahh, but the day is still young. Glad to hear that you're smiling.

Katie Lewis said...

Best wishes whenever he comes! :)

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Endure 24 more hours and he'll be born on Blair's birthday (it's 1 p.m. PDT here).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails