Friday, November 01, 2013

November 1st, outsourced

The most UNpopular baby names from the olden days.

I can't explain to you why I found this so funny: Who said it? Kanye West or a rice cooker instruction manual?

Bizarre natural remedies from the 1700s. Ew.

This marching band halftime performance is AMAZING. [HT Jaclyn]

I know the point of satire is that it's based on reality, but seriously, I can almost, almost believe that they're opening up a Gold-class VIP lane from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.

Honest slogans. Cap'n Crunch is the natural enemy of the roof of my mouth.

Don't read this if you don't want to hear about how there actually was never a mass panic about the radio broadcast of War of the Worlds. :( [HT Eric D. Snider]

Here's an awesome way to announce that you're having a baby! [HT Liz]

Real-life female heroes, princessified. [HT Jen]

Indulge me for 24 seconds and watch my friend Ashley's daughter finding joy in Sterling's passport picture. Thanks!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I haven't even looked at the other links yet, but adorable Ashley WINS THE INTERNET.

Liz Johnson said...

I just need to find a toad in the yard, and Chris' asthma will be history!! Woohoo! Thanks for the helpful tips, Bridget!

Liz Johnson said...

Aaaaaand now Chris doesn't want me helping him. Sheesh. So ungrateful.

You know I have more comments than just that!

1 - the princess link was fantastic. I love it. I admit that I would totally dress up like Princess Curie or Princess Anthony, although I also admit that seeing the phrase "Holocaust Princess" made me vomit a little in my mouth.

2 - I actually know somebody with a little girl named Indiana, and I love it. Luckily (for her), they do not live in Indiana.

3 - That Kanye West/rice cooker thing made me laugh out loud, too. I get it.

4 - Ashley is hilarious. I loved that.

5 - My mouth is finally numb to Cap'n Crunch. It's taken years, but by golly, I did it!

6 - I cannot stand anything Ohio State has ever done... except that performance.

7 - If you hadn't said that article was satire, I would've believed it. We had stuff like that ALL THE TIME in Mexico. They were talking about putting in a high-class, high-price, speed-limit-free road from Mexico City to Acapulco at one point. I imagine they didn't suggest limiting it to car types simply because they hadn't thought of that yet!

Kathy Haynie said...

Love these Friday posts. Thank you! Mark and I were in marching band in high school, so we were unabashedly amazed at the OSU performance.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails