Monday, November 04, 2013

U-turn or not U-turn?

I have an email from my supervisor sitting in my inbox, but I haven't read it yet so I don't know if it's my thesis come back to me. So I'm not cheating by posting today. Here is a picture I took in Dubai the other day.

No U-turns. But also, U-turns.

(The hand-drawn sign is directions to a wake. So I guess the U-turn is OK if you're going to the wake.)

We made a U-turn there. The sign is there for a reason: that spot is a place where you kind of need to do a U-turn because of the weird road design. There's plenty of space for it, too!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I just want to say how impressed I am that you are trying to write a new post every day with a new baby and the prospect of more work on the thesis!

Liz Johnson said...

Sometimes I get really irrationally angry at road signs, and my rage is almost always directed towards a "no u-turn" sign (or "no turn on red"). It just feels like micromanaging. I realize that there are intersections and other areas that are more unsafe than they appear, so I should probably be grateful instead of annoyed, but like I said - it's irrational anger. No good reason. It just drives me nuts.

I'm glad you u-turned. :)

Jen said...

I love foreign road signs. (It's one of my favorite parts of the GeoGuessr game!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails