Friday, April 11, 2014

April 11th, outsourced

Ken Jennings did another AMA on Reddit.

Why do we sometimes say "probly" instead of "probably"? [HT Kathy]

THIS is how you do an April Fool's joke. The setup is so great: a particular professor requires students whose mobile phones ring during class to take the call on speakerphone. [HT Jeremy]

The most poignant vending machine "Out of Order" sign you will ever see. So touching.

Um, another vending machine sign (weird to have two all at once).

This political cartoon just came true in real life. [HT Eric D. Snider]

This is indeed the most terrifying car recall ("some models vulnerable to spider attack"). [HT Jessie]

I've enjoyed following baby Prince George's shenanigans in NZ.

Smithsonian photo contest finalists!!!

Movies as businesses, with business cards. [HT Ashi]

Why haven't they just located the dang black box already (of MH370)?? Here's why. [HT Ashi]

8 comments:

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessie said...

Photocontest!! The page you linked to only shows 16 of the finalists - did you see the full array of all 60? http://www.smithsonianmag.com/photocontest/photo-contest-finalists-11th-annual-180950372/

Liz Johnson said...

I hesitate to add to your already awesome list, but dude, swans can be so racist sometimes.

Liz Johnson said...

And also, my favorite part of the AMA with Ken Jennings is when he describes "Perfection" as "that game where if you don't get all the tiles on the board in time, it explodes and vomits little yellow Tetris pieces all over your kitchen table." Because YES. That game still stresses me out when I think about it.

Bridget said...

Thanks for the full link! Those are amazing. The mobile category has some great ones - that one of the old plantation grounds...wow.

Bridget said...

That is...bizarre. I never expected to read a part of a sentence such as "my friend was on the bridge and he was eating and the swan just randomly started biting off his jeans."

Susanne said...

I love those Smithsonian photos!

And the article about "probly" was interesting. One word I shorten is "vegetable." It's most always "vedj tuh ble." I don't really notice it until I hear my Syrian friend say "vej eh tuh ble."

Jen said...

THAT APRIL FOOLS JOKE! I was physically uncomfortable watching it---in terrible and not-so-terrible ways. Seriously. CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW THAT PROFESSOR WAS FEELING??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails