Wednesday, April 09, 2014

My awesome MIL

You might think your MIL is pretty great. And maybe she is. But did your MIL custom hand-sew (well, on a sewing machine, but using her own hands) you a beautiful purse using Downton Abbey fabric?

I thought not.

I am touched by every aspect of this gesture. Grandmas have a lot to keep up on. They've got their own kids, their kids' spouses, their kids' kids, etc. But my MIL took the time to remember that I like Downton Abbey, recall my taste in colors/fabrics, think of something I could use, and then put it all together to create this purse as a graduation gift.

Which she then paid a pretty penny to ship halfway across the world. WITH a card that possibly brought tears to my eyes.

Janice, this DIL thanks you!

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Both the gesture and the finished product are beautiful!

Liz Johnson said...

That's amazing!!! I'm so impressed.

Alli E. said...

So sweet! She is amazing!

Kathy Haynie said...

Wow.

Jen said...

That's beautiful! I love the fabric and I love the meaning of the gesture.

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Janice does such marvelous work and creates wonderful things. I didn't even know there was DA fabric! Wonderful!

Sarah Cook said...

I like it! Suzanne-there's all kinds of DA fabric! (I know because I've had to buy some for Janice with a coupon, which she then paid me back for)

Glenda The Good said...

Beautiful! I don't have a discouraging word to say about my MIL. We are after all talking about the woman who flew out on a days notice when my water broke at 27 weeks and stayed for six weeks with just one carry on of luggage when we told her there was no way we could function without her, but I do have to say this is a beauty piece of work, your mother in law is exceptionally talented and thoughtful, and it would appear you are as lucky to have her as she is to have you! Such a great gift!!!

Suzanne Bubnash said...

I looked on the link Bridget featured. What a surprise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails