Friday, May 09, 2014

May 9th, outsourced

This young woman took self portraits in the style of each decade since the 1920s. So cool!

Stupid paparazzi headlines, improved. See "Makeup-free Amy Adams is anything but glamorous as she goes wild in the aisles in Los Angeles supermarket" become "Woman buys grocers, remains 5-time Academy Award nominee." Bravo.  [HT Lyse]

What is gluten? Some people who stick to a gluten-free diet don't know the answer to this question. [HT Lili]

First-World Problems, Japan Style: "The six ice packs the lady at the pastry shop put in my packaging cooled my two pieces of cake so much, that back home we had to wait to eat them." Oh, the horror!

Family cleans house, finds pet tortoise missing since 1982. I love this story! [HT Jessie]

I feel like there are a lot of these going around lately: person has extraordinary talent, as seen on x tv show. But seriously, this woman has an extraordinary talent! In addition to her ability to use sand and shadow to paint a story, I am amazed at the fact that her hair does not fall in front of her face as she does so.

4 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Are there a lot of people on gluten-free diets in Arabia? I've been wondering how much of this is a trend in the US specifically, or if it's becoming a problem worldwide.

I love those self-portraits!!!

Suzanne Bubnash said...

That gluten clip is great. I suspect there are few people who must remain gluten-free (there is one in my Young Women group who reacts badly to it), and for the rest it's just another trend that will pass. In the 70s, among those who ground their own wheat, it was a trend to separate the gluten out of the ground wheat by rinsing and rinsing away the chaff, and then using the gluten as a protein source. You could add it to spaghetti instead of meat, or just fry it up and eat it. I never did that because I would rather just eat some juicy meat and enjoy it.

The tortoise. I cleaned behind the drawers in the spare ooom once and found a dead mouse. I wondered how long that had been there. Long enough to become mummified.

Jeremy Palmer said...

Tortoise story is amazing. Thanks for the great links!

Bridget said...

I don't think gluten free is a big thing here. There are lots of foods for diabetics, though, since diabetes is a problem in the Gulf.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails