Friday, June 20, 2014

June 20th, outsourced

There was a lot of genuine and heartfelt posting of articles about Kate Kelly on fb this week. There was also a lot of passive/aggressive "I told you so" posting of articles about Kate Kelly on fb this week. For the sake of my well-being, I didn't read many, but these two are gems, in my opinion: By Common Consent's template post, and Melyngoch's post about apostasy on Zelophehad's Daughters.

Here are some name suggestions that read like a bizarro Baby Name Wizard book. Higgs-Bosington is my favorite. [HT Sarah]

This screenshot of the wikipedia entry for US soccer player John Brooks is one reason why I love the fact that wikipedia can be edited by anyone. [HT Blair]

I was so touched and not at all surprised to learn that Japanese fans stayed after a recent World Cup game to pick up trash. Of course they did.

A very polite man asks fast-food workers to re-make his order so it matches the picture from the ad.

The woman who invented Iraq (Gertrude Bell).

Two people speaking six languages to each other. No biggie. [HT Jen]

First moon party. So funny, so well done, I could watch it a million times and never get tired of it.

At the (imagined) pitch meeting for Maleficent. So funny, so well done, I could watch it a million times and never get tired of it.

3 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Those baby names are so awesome. You just know that somebody has named their kid Balderdash.

That language video reminded me - have you seen LiveMocha? My BIL is using it to learn Spanish, and I keep thinking I should use it to brush up on my Spanish (or learn another language).

WHICH REMINDS ME. If you could learn one new language (that you don't speak AT ALL right now), what would it be??

Bridget said...

I haven't been on LiveMocha, but Miriam and I (and I think Jeremy) are on DuoLingo for German practice ahead of our trip there this summer. If I could learn any new language right now, it would be Farsi for sure!

Kathy Haynie said...

I love your Friday links. Thank you so much for the education and entertainment. I especially enjoyed the first moon party (hahahaha!!) and the baby names.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails